8560 transmission problems?

/ 8560 transmission problems? #1  

Sideoutds

Tractor
Farmall 140
Ii have been looking at tractors for a little while now and had finally come up with a decision on the 8560 with a front end loader. Well, I was at the FSA office today filling out the paper work, when I told him what kind of tractor I was wanting to get he seemed concerned. He told me that he had signed off on three mahindra tractors that had transmission issues from pulling a disc. I asked what hp these were and he said 60-70hp range. He said that all these were purchased within a year of each other nearly four years ago. I'm just wondering if any of you have this model and have put them under a heavy pulling load. I'm dont want to spend 32,000 on a tractor that I have to send o the dealership once a year. The main purpose of this tractor is to pull a disc. It's only a 8ft disc but was thinking go getting a 10 ft later on.

Thanks in advance.
Dustin

/ 8560 transmission problems? #2  
Dave, I don't have an 8560, but can tell you that my 5530 will pull an 8' disc without blinking, in damp loamy topsoil. Hope that helps.

/ 8560 transmission problems? #3  
When you guys say how wide the disk is that you want to pull or are pulling, what type of disk, what size of blades, how heavy all make a HUGE difference.

Here's an 8' Kello-Bilt unit that none of Mahindras tractors will pull. Except with the wheels down maybe. :rolleyes:

I have a 7520, about 600 hours on it, no tranny problems, no problems at all really. Ballasted to a bit more that 10,000lbs without the loader and on rolling terrain my old 8' Kelfer offset disk is all it wants. This is a disk with 22" blades and weighs about 2600lbs-2800lbs. I would forget about a 10' disk if it were me. But then when I disk, I am usually 8-9" in the ground. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0197.JPG
    IMG_0197.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 500
  • P3190008.JPG
    P3190008.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 304
  • P2090021.JPG
    P2090021.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 248
  • P2090015.JPG
    P2090015.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_0207.JPG
    IMG_0207.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 376
   / 8560 transmission problems? #4  
Funny how he signed off on these tractors when they have a 5 year power train warenty??? I have a 8560 I use. I don't pull a disc with it. But what ever I have thrown at it, It has done the job with NO problems.

/ 8560 transmission problems? #5  
Ii have been looking at tractors for a little while now and had finally come up with a decision on the 8560 with a front end loader. Well, I was at the FSA office today filling out the paper work, when I told him what kind of tractor I was wanting to get he seemed concerned. He told me that he had signed off on three mahindra tractors that had transmission issues from pulling a disc. I asked what hp these were and he said 60-70hp range. He said that all these were purchased within a year of each other nearly four years ago. I'm just wondering if any of you have this model and have put them under a heavy pulling load. I'm dont want to spend 32,000 on a tractor that I have to send o the dealership once a year. The main purpose of this tractor is to pull a disc. It's only a 8ft disc but was thinking go getting a 10 ft later on.

Thanks in advance.
Dustin

Doesn't sound correct. The 8560 has a strong transmission. The only failure we have ever seen ourselves is due to lack of fluid. We had a farmer that was running a big hydraulic implement and blew a hose and did not know it as the implement was behind him and he wan't paying much attention. He ran the transmission dry before he knew it and toasted the bearings that support the upper shaft since they were then completely dry and no transmission can run that way. The 8560 is a good strong tractor. I'd certainly question the FSA guys memory or perhaps even his motives. :ashamed:

/ 8560 transmission problems?
I had talked to the salesman whom happens to be the owner of the dealership I'm buying from and he seemed pretty agitated that the loan officer had said that. He assured me that the transmission wasn't an issue. I will be going forward with my purchase. I also didn't come across any threads with transmission failure as a theme.

Thanks
Ds

/ 8560 transmission problems? #7  
I belive you will be very satisfied in your descion. Will be interasted in how it does for you. Keep us posted.

/ 8560 transmission problems? #8  

Thanks in advance.
Dustin
Dustin, I own a 2016 MPower 85P with 600 hrs I really like that I use for hay mowing baling and feeding. It has served all my needs and no I have not did but very Lil tillage with. I know many don't care for the mechanical shuttle but I grew up on them and like it better. I've replaced 1 of 2 60amp fuses a short hop from battery and replaced a low pressure tyranny relay on top of transmission I noticed weeping very Lil out the plug in blade are the only replacements so far on mine. I own a duetz 7807c and 3 masseys also. The only faults I could possibly consider are that the steering requires to dang many turns and she is a little harder on fuel than I think she ought be, butt I'm gonna keep on feeding her anyway. Enjoy bro.

/ 8560 transmission problems? #9  
My 8560 just growls when a 3 pt 24x22 disk is sunk in the ground, FWD eliminates most wheel slip. Rears are loaded with treated water. I have to hold it up for depth control
I tried out a 16’ disc (middle section of a 24’ wing disk) couple years ago from local jockey. It would just dig 4 holes hen dropped all the way down. Too heavy for the 8560.
It is very important to use properly sized equipment. Too small is better than too big.