8N key Blanks?

/ 8N key Blanks? #1  

Lasgambler

Gold Member
Tractor
YANMAR FX42d
Hello, I am having a problem finding key blanks for a Ford 8N. I checked the internet, Ebay and the local hardware stores. Does anyone know of a supplier for these key blanks? Thanks.

/ 8N key Blanks? #2  
Did you check your New Holland dealer?

/ 8N key Blanks?
Hi Robert, No I did not think to check a New Holland dealer. I'll try that. Thanks,

/ 8N key Blanks? #4  
The originals were all keyed alike. However.. it's very possible you have a tisco repop switch.. or other type of repalced switch.. as the oem ones were a tad 'weak'.. and it's unusual to find one in working order.

That said.. the locks weren't very robust. I had a 2n with an oem key ( switch was bad ).. and I found a short filing cabinet key.. or a cheap garage door lock key could be made to fit using a small needle file set to closely approximate the original key.. as i said.. the locks were not very precision..

Soundguy

/ 8N key Blanks? #5  
It's very easy to re-key it with a NAPA switch, it only needs to be a 2 position switch.

/ 8N key Blanks? #6  
The echlin will work.. however tisco re-pops a 2 position ford key.. TSC and many other places sell them. heck.. CNH probably sells the tisco key too..

Soundguy