8'x30' deckover (ish?) trailer refresh

/ 8'x30' deckover (ish?) trailer refresh
Looking, Pequea offers their "Standard Duty Deckover" with a 5"x2" 3/16" tube main frame which appears to have 1"x3" tubes for the cross-members and perimeter steel. They make it in 7k and 10k flavors with a 96" overall width and lengths ranging from 14'+3' to 18'+3'
Standard Duty - Pequea Machine
And pages 10-11 of: https://www.pequea.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/pequeatrailers.pdf

Makes me not as worried about the frame strength (assuming that the inside of the tubes looks decent) making this into a 21'+3' trailer.

Aaron Z

Have a tentative plan for the trailer:
677844d1606409766-8x30-deckover-ish-trailer-refresh-trailerplan-png

Blue/white are the 3x3 tube crossmembers, all except for the 2nd from the back are existing.
Red crossmembers underneath them are/will be the 3x6 tube that makes up the main frame (Adding crossmembers under the 3x3 tubes at the cut for the dovetail and before/after the axle assembly)
Green is the existing 1x3 tube crossmembers.
Grey is the new 2x3 crossmembers (probbaly repurposed pallet racking beams)
This will leave me with 12 feet of deck in front of the axle assembly (which has 3x3 angle iron that the springs mount to), 6 feet of deck above the axle assembly and 6 feet of deck (3 feet flat, 3 feet of dovetail) behind it
Wiring will run down the center of the trailer with junction boxes at the crossmember in front of the axles and at the back.
There will be a pickup toolbox at the front on the tongue, may eventually put a winch inside.

Aaron Z

Attachments

• TrailerPlan.png
    TrailerPlan.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 115
If it were mine, say I paid $900 for it, I'd rather sell it now if I could make $150...or put $100 and a few hours in it if I could make $400...but not put $2,000 and 40 hours in it thinking I could get $3,500 for it.
It has to be figured out like that (I'm pulling numbers out of the air).
Sometimes just cleaning it up, maybe getting lights working, rattle can paint: let the next person fix it up their way and you made a little money. It may make a good farm wagon...not road use.
Stumbled onto a deal for a 22 + 2 deck over setup like I was going to make this one into and put this one up for sale (after replacing the lights and installing the toolbox on the tongue), it sold quickly and I made a few hundred bucks.

Aaron Z