Backhoe 9"-12" Bucket for Backhoe?

/ 9"-12" Bucket for Backhoe? #1  

Seon

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4210
As some of you know, I bought a Taylor Way backhoe that was suppose to been delivered with a 9" bucket. But it came with an 18" bucket which is too wide for trenching. Does anyone know where I can buy a used 9"-12" bucket?
If need be, I can modify it to fit.

/ 9"-12" Bucket for Backhoe? #2  
Search for member DFKug, he usually has buckets in stock.
As for trenching with an 18" wide bucket, that's all I have so I use it. Easy to see the pipe and get other obstacles out of the way. Backfilling is no sweat with the tractor so width of trench is no concern to me.

/ 9"-12" Bucket for Backhoe?
3RRL said:
Search for member DFKug, he usually has buckets in stock.
As for trenching with an 18" wide bucket, that's all I have so I use it. Easy to see the pipe and get other obstacles out of the way. Backfilling is no sweat with the tractor so width of trench is no concern to me.

I've emailed DFKug but no reply so I thought I'd ask here.

I agree that the 18" bucket will do the job for trenching but I need to trench some footing and with an 18" wide trench, it would take a lot of concrete.

/ 9"-12" Bucket for Backhoe? #4  
Seon said:

I agree that the 18" bucket will do the job for trenching but I need to trench some footing and with an 18" wide trench, it would take a lot of concrete.

I noticed that you live in CA and that may be the difference from here. But when you say footing i am thinking that you mean for a house or some structure of the sort. Here in VA all footings have to be at least 16" wide and 12" deep. Atleast in my county anyway.. Just wondering. I m not trying to challange you or anything

darkviper said:
I noticed that you live in CA and that may be the difference from here. But when you say footing i am thinking that you mean for a house or some structure of the sort. Here in VA all footings have to be at least 16" wide and 12" deep. Atleast in my county anyway.. Just wondering. I m not trying to challange you or anything

LOL, actually I'm building a couple of sheds that I want to dig a 24" deep trench about 10" wide. I also want to dig trenches for a sprinkler system. Lots of uses for a 9" bucket.

I lived in No. VA for 12 yrs. and I think any footing there has to be below the freeze line which would be more than 12"(?).

/ 9"-12" Bucket for Backhoe? #6  
Seon,
Did you try searching eBay? I recall seeing backhoe buckets available when I was looking at backhoes. Have you called Taylor? Don't they have any to sell?
I see what you mean about the footing width for your shed. A 9" bucket would come in handy for sprinklers and such but I heard that dirt sticks in them easier too?

/ 9"-12" Bucket for Backhoe? #7  
Seon said:

Actually, I did reply and I asked about your pin size and spacing. You told
me that your dipper stick was wider than the 4 1/4" used by the Prairie
Dogs.

I use my 12" exclusively, even tho I have an 18, too. One spare 12" (new).

Rob, I called Taylor and was told they only had the 18" buckets that comes with the backhoe. I've checked ebay but didn't see any small one. But I'll keep checking.

dfkrug, sorry I must have missed your reply.

I guess it'll be difficult to find a bucket that'll match the pin size and bucket width. It'll probably be easier to buy a used bucket then narrow it with the plasma cutter to the size I need.

I just called the POC of that listing who said $350 plus shipping. But he'd have to check availability. The dealer I bought my Taylor Way B/H will sell me one too but I refuse to buy from him because he was suppose to have shipped my backhoe with the 12" bucket. At this point, I'd rather find a used one at half the cost and modify it, otherwise, I'll cut this 18" down :( .