90" Mower

/ 90" Mower #1  

dsb5610

Gold Member
Tractor
Deere 4720 Cab
90\" Mower

Been mowing quite a bit with the 72" mower. Does a good job and the Toolcat doesn't seem to have any problem running it even in tall grass. Thinking I need the 90" version. That would give me an additional 9" on both sides keeping the Toolcat further away from the building, trees, etc and in some places reducing two passes down to one. Anyone running a 90" mower?

dsb

/ 90" Mower
90\" Mower

Been mowing quite a bit with the 72" mower. Does a good job and the Toolcat doesn't seem to have any problem running it even in tall grass. Thinking I need the 90" version. That would give me an additional 9" on both sides keeping the Toolcat further away from the building, trees, etc and in some places reducing two passes down to one. Anyone running a 90" mower?

dsb

/ 90" Mower #3  
Re: 90" Mower

I just got the 72 inch recently. My Toolcat could run the 90 inch since I have the High-flow, but I shied away from it worrying that it might be too wide in places. Now I kind of wish I had gotten the 90 for the same reason you mention. It didn't occur to me that I could get 9 inches closer to things with the wider version.

/ 90" Mower

Rolando,

Funny you would be the one to reply. I had been trying to work out a deal on a used 90" located in Ocala. The seller refused to budge on his dollar amount even though he listed it with OBO. The price was good but I was leary of what it would cost me to ship it.

I've put quite a few hours on my 72" and am pretty conviced the 90" would be a better fit. Not only is it wider but it has the center wheel to minimize scalping. I am actively searching and when I do get one I will fabricate a larger set of wheels for it that will be more suitable for when I need to mow taller grasses.

If you are interested in the used 90" I found in Ocala PM me.

dsb

/ 90" Mower

Forgot to mention, the GPM requirements for the 72" and 90" are the same.

dsb

/ 90" Mower #6  

How much is a nice used 90" Toolcat mower going for?

I have one that was part of a package deal and have only used it for 10-15 minutes. The mower itself looks real nice and has always been kept in the shed. It does take up quite a bit of shed space.

I have a 72" Kubota front end mower that I already had and use quite often.
I also have a 100" + RFM that also was part of another package deal that just sits in another shed.

Any good offers out there? Located near Green Bay, WI.

Yooper Dave

/ 90" Mower

yooperdave,

I sent you a PM on your mower.

dsb

/ 90" Mower #8  

Here are a couple of pictures of it.

Yooper Dave

Attachments

• MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 304
  • 07-31-05 06.JPG
    07-31-05 06.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 306
   / 90" Mower

Yooper Dave,

You sure that is the 90" and not the 72". My understanding is the 90" comes standard with a center wheel (3rd) on the front.

dsb

/ 90" Mower #10  

Yeah, I've still got the brochure on the mower decks and the 90 inch does comes standard with the 3rd wheel. I think he grabbed the wrong picture by mistake. You can also tell from the picture in the brochure that the 90 also sticks out noticeably more from the sides of the Toolcat.