98 JD 1070

/ 98 JD 1070 #1  

dtd24

Gold Member
Tractor
98 JD 1070
Anyone invest in the publications for their machines? I have the operators manual, but looking into the parts catalog and tech service manual. Is is worth it? Anyone own the CD's?

/ 98 JD 1070 #3  
Go on ebay and look up John Deere 1070 and ther is usually tech manuals and other books on there. That's where I got mine. Good luck, Dave

/ 98 JD 1070 #4  
dtd24 said:
Anyone invest in the publications for their machines? I have the operators manual, but looking into the parts catalog and tech service manual. Is is worth it? Anyone own the CD's?

I bought a set of four CD's on ebay for the newer compact tractors and attachments several years ago. I also own paper repair manuals for my 4300, my 3010, and my MX5 mower.

If you intend to do your own repairs, the service manuals are invaluable.

That said, the parts information for most of my equipment is available on-line at https://jdparts.deere.com/servlet/com.deere.u90.jdparts.view.publicservlets.HomeUnsigned. The JD Parts site provides exploded drawings which you can print out and enables you to check availability and place parts orders. I don't really feel that I need a paper parts catalog.

/ 98 JD 1070 #5  
The 1070 (actually covers all the x70 series and the 790's) tech manual on CD-ROM will cost you $48 at the dealer. This is a Deere manual and is quite complete. It's 1008 pages.
It's a .pdf file so you'll need Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader.

The only thing lacking is "bookmarks" to each Chapter. If you have Acrobat, you can do that yourself, but IMHO, the Factory should have done it.

It's a very worth while investment!