9n lift issues

/ 9n lift issues #1  

earndale

Tractor
mf gc2300
by serial no. its a 1946 2 issues one being i cannot stop arms at any one position, i move lever to raise i keep moving lever til it starts to raise if i try to stop a certain place it does not it either drops or raises to the max it has lots pressure i put big load on it and it raise all the way with no problem, but with load on it it jumps or jerks up and down about a inch..

/ 9n lift issues #2  
First off, 9Ns do not have position control, but rather draft control on the 3pt, so it is acting like it should. The jerking up and down by an inch indicates that the 3pt piston is leaking by.

/ 9n lift issues
ok so i have to replace piston seal got that.. but do not understand how i can control height if i plow or bush hog??i am kinda new to this style hydraulics

/ 9n lift issues #4  
Draft control is meant to automatically raise and lower the hitch according to the load on the hitch. You can raise the sector lever until you have the implement where you want it, then move the sector lever down to above the 3/4 point to get it to stop raising.
Look at this YouTube video:

/ 9n lift issues
great thanks for that info i understand more now.. ok but mine hops up and down 1 inch or so it jerks or jump not smoothly

/ 9n lift issues #6  
Most likely the piston seal or the lift cylinder has scoring in it causing oil to leak by so the hitch is trying to maintain some sort of position.

/ 9n lift issues #7  
by serial no. its a 1946 2 issues one being i cannot stop arms at any one position, i move lever to raise i keep moving lever til it starts to raise if i try to stop a certain place it does not it either drops or raises to the max it has lots pressure i put big load on it and it raise all the way with no problem, but with load on it it jumps or jerks up and down about a inch..
As was explained by the other poster you 9N has no position control. It uses the Ferguson System to control the three point hitch.
It has draft control to control ground engaging implements like a plow or a sub-soiler. You can make a feedback device that will give you position control (yesterdaystractors.com Ferguson forum) or you can by a Fergie Positioner that does the same thing a little differently.

/ 9n lift issues
fergie positioner?? yes i think piston .. a winter project