A bit of deep ploughing..?

/ A bit of deep ploughing..? #12  
In some places they do that to bury contaminated soil.

/ A bit of deep ploughing..? #13  
One thing for sure, my tractor couldnt do that. :D

/ A bit of deep ploughing..? #14  
Interesting D7E ,Ialways enjoy your threads and videos.
Iwonder if the name of the second tractor driver is ILEAN?:D:D:D
alan

/ A bit of deep ploughing..?
Interesting D7E ,Ialways enjoy your threads and videos

Well thank you..? I've worked on operations in the uk where this type of ploughing was done when river silt was dredged and spread onto very heavy clay then ploughed in or peat land ploughed very deep to find underlying clay...All trying to mix soil types and make more "workable"..?

/ A bit of deep ploughing..? #16  
My wife and I spent 12 days in Italy back in September of 09. We traveled mostly by train and saw allot of plowing like this. Most of the tractors seemed to be in the 100 to 120 Hp range four wheel drive with cabs. They were pulling 4 gang flip over turning plows. Most of the tractors were a lime green color, not John Deere green. Are these Atlas-Deutz (sp?)? Also saw a few New Holland blue tractors and one crawler type tractor. Most of the crops seemed to be hay and sunflowers. Lots and lots of large round bales of hay. I couldn't figure out why they were turning the soil so deep. I did get a chance to stop and speak to one of the operators, of course thay was a story in it self. I spoke English and no Italian, he spoke Italian and no English. Using hand gestures I asked to get a closer look at his tractor, he just smiled and motioned his head "yes". Seemed like a nice fellow, we just couldn't communicate. The one thing that stood out to me is the plow surfaces were polished shinny like a mirror. You could actually see your reflection in the metal surface due to the contact polishing by the soil.

/ A bit of deep ploughing..?
Lime green would probably be claas tractors..!