A bit of light spring ploughing :)

/ A bit of light spring ploughing :) #1  

D7E

Veteran Member
Tractor
Versatile 895 Versatile 876 Ford TW20 Ford TW5 MF 3505 FWA MF 390 FWA Ford 7600 Fiat 766 FWA JD 2030 MF 165 MF 35 Fordson major x 3 CAT 416 b Backhoe Case 580 b backhoe MF
   / A bit of light spring ploughing :) #2  
That's impressive! lol, but I'm clueless on why so deep...

...and you just KNOW that they guy that welded up that blade was giggling the whole time :)

/ A bit of light spring ploughing :) #3  
guess they wanted to get below the 12" deep 'plow pan'... holy crap they must be 4'-5' deep.

I would hate to pay the fuel bill.... 4 dozers at a time... bet they burn $10/minute!

/ A bit of light spring ploughing :) #4  
guess they wanted to get below the 12" deep 'plow pan'... holy crap they must be 4'-5' deep.

I would hate to pay the fuel bill.... 4 dozers at a time... bet they burn $10/minute!

According to the title it was 74.8 inches deep. 190 centimeters.

Hanomag is pretty famous for this product in WW2:

hanomag 251.jpg

/ A bit of light spring ploughing :) #5  
One of the comments was that they plow this deep to bring up the sand which is good for planting the bulbs in Holland. I guess that is what the white stuff was the they were bringing to the top. If you did that here, nothing would grow for years on the sterile soil from that deep down.

/ A bit of light spring ploughing :) #6  
I had a similar thread (http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/photos/298662-what-kind-plow.html) about a month an a half ago concerning this picture:

The last comment was:
Deep plowing , If you have loose peat over clay or unworkable heavy clay over sand etc the deep plowing mixes the 2 to hopefully make a medium soil . If you look you can clearly see the two soil types from the colour ..it looks like they are burying peat .
Made the most sense to me.

Attachments

• big plowing.jpg
    big plowing.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 175
   / A bit of light spring ploughing :) #7  
"Dear - I need to buy a plow, but it's just a 1 bottom"
While watching I was wondering when they were going to disc it.

/ A bit of light spring ploughing :) #8  
Lordy that thing turns some dirt, I would love to see what they disc with