A kubota owners impression of the ct235

/ A kubota owners impression of the ct235 #1  

captin_insano

Silver Member
My b7800 is in the shop with a broken rear diff lock. I'm having trouble with the warranty, kubota doesnt want to fix it so the dealer was kind enough to offer me a ct235 until we get the warranty stuff worked out. So I have to thank Pristows sales and service in johnstown pa for the loaner, they went above and beyond for me. Now the ct235 is a good bit bigger than my 30hp B series kubota but I think I can give an impression on it. First I am impressed with the "curb" quality. Everything looks to be well built. Theres little things here and there that I question for the long haul, like any machine but overall it seems to be a quality machine and better than I expected. The boom on the loader is much faster than mine. It doesnt appear to lift and dump at the same time though, a feature I got accustomed to on the kubota. The speed is nice however when pileing snow. Its a bigger and much heavier machine so obviously the traction is better, it pushes the snow with no problem that mine was fighting with. The 3 speed hst works well but it feels less efficient than the kubotas. It probably just "feels" that way since its a bigger and heavier machine. Either way the 7800 seems to move with less effort if that means anything. Its much more comfortable than my 7800, it could be a size thing but its a joy to operate. The suspension seat is a nice feature as is the cup holder, not that I'll get a chance to use it but that would be nice for mowing in the summer. Throttle is stiff but you get use to it and the hst pedal tends to stick. That may just be a lubrication issue, the machine seems to be used pretty hard as a rental. I only needed to use the rear diff lock a few times digging 3 feet of heavy hard snow away from my home addition where I'm working. It feels like it has a good positive engagement and the pedal is easy to operate. I took extra attention with it seeing all the troubles I'm having with my diff lock and it just feels much better than mine ever did. I think mine has been faulty from the get go and not typical kubota but either way the diff lock worked smoothly. The 7800 seems to turn sharper but again it may be a size thing. Overall the bobcat has made a good first impression on this kuboater owner.

/ A kubota owners impression of the ct235 #2  
Hope that you get your problem fixed without major cost to you. My minor oil cooler warranty issue was handled by my Bobcat dealer flawlessly!

Nice to here your comments on the Cat. I have a CT230 and find it a pleasure to use. I can't wait until it snows!

Maybe you can upgrade???

/ A kubota owners impression of the ct235
I'm considering it, from my limited experience with it the bobcat seems to be a good value and when the time comes to buy more equipmet I'll be giving them some serious consideration. The problem right now is I have 200 hours on my machine making it pretty worthless as a trade and I wont sell it outright knowing the next owner will likely have troubles with it. I honestly wouldnt want my dealer taking it as a trade either. This is the second time now that the rear diff has failed and it hasnt been used hard. So the dealer is trying to get kubota to buy it back and what they offer would go as a credit to another kubota. W'ell see how it works out, I dont know what kubota will offer towards another but we'll see.

/ A kubota owners impression of the ct235 #4  
The boom on the loader is much faster than mine. It doesnt appear to lift and dump at the same time though, a feature I got accustomed to on the kubota. Either way the 7800 seems to move with less effort if that means anything. .....Throttle is stiff but you get use to it and the hst pedal tends to stick. That may just be a lubrication issue, the machine seems to be used pretty hard as a rental.

My 30 hp Kioti FEL lifts and dumps at the same time. Being a hard driven rental my hunch is the joy stick 'innards' could be warn to the point lifting and dumping simultaneously is hampered. I would expect the B7800 to feel lighter on it's feet. I went from a 17hp Ford 1220 to the Kioti CK30 and the smoothness in the ride and the increased stability of the tractor was night and day. The HST pedal probably does need to be lubed. The throttle cable is spring loaded so the throttle control is set a little tight otherwise the throttle will drift down on it's own.

Don

I ran it again tonight, moved a little more snow. The bucket will lift and stay about level but not dump as you lift like the kuboater. I dont know if its the norm but it seems to be working properly. It lifts fast enough though that it gets the job done just as quick, probably quicker. Its just different than I'm used to. I talked to the dealer about the bobcat today, he called and asked what I thought of it. I told him I would of bought one if I had it to do over again. He said the only real issues they had with them so far were some leaking oil coolers. I think I'm ending up with a kubota L3400 here because kubota is offering some money or a credit type deal for mine. If I end up with the l3400 I'll see how it compares and let you guys know what I think. I read some folks were buying the bobcat 235's for around 14,000, that just seems like a real good buy. You seem to get a heck of alot of machine for that price.

/ A kubota owners impression of the ct235 #6  
I have a CT230 and it will indeed lift and dump at the same time. I'm guessing the rental is messed up as well.

/ A kubota owners impression of the ct235 #7  
I have a CT230 and it will indeed lift and dump at the same time. I'm guessing the rental is messed up as well.

Agreed. Mine works nicely while doing both. I'm guessing the linkages from the loader handle to the valve is worn or needs adjustment.

Consider it operator error..hahah:D I went out fired it up and was able to make it lift and dump but it takes a fine touch. You have to find that exact spot where as with the kubota it just kinda goes right there. Might be a hard use thing, dont know if they all operate like that but I got the feel for it now after messing with it a couple minutes and am able to make it do what I want. I cant have much more than an hour seat time on it so far but it looks like I have it until next tuesday so I may find some more jobs for it until then. It made such quick work of my snow removal I didnt even have time to get the feel for it!:laughing:

/ A kubota owners impression of the ct235 #9  
If I end up with the l3400 I'll see how it compares and let you guys know what I think.

You are buying (trading) the L3400 without trying it? That's a bit of a
gamble, yes? Esp after trying the CT235, a deluxe tractor. The L3400
is a basic tractor, with 400# less weight and lower hyd pressure and flow.
I have tried the L3400 briefly, with the BH75 hoe.

Although I am selling my new CT230 now, I love my 2005 CK30, and it has
compared very well with any of the same-class bigger name machines I
have owned or tried. Not one problem, even with oil cooler or FEL.

Kubota gave me a good cash credit for the problems I've had with mine and the dealer gave me a big discount, I just couldnt pass on the deal. The same dealer gave me the cat to use so its all good. Just looking at the kubota the boom cylinders are bigger so I have to assume it has good bucket capacity, better than the 7800 anyway which other than the rear diff problems had served me well. I have the cat until the dealer brings me the new L3400, probably tuesday. I was out and used it again this evening. I dug a path to my other garage and moved some lumber. The snows starting to melt but theres still over 2 feet of it so I doubt that I'll get to try any dirt work before they take it.