A mouse nest turns into a can of worms

/ A mouse nest turns into a can of worms #1  

Bsavulis

Tractor
Kioti CK25
I built a grapple for my CK25, while accessing the hydraulic lines in the torque tube of the loader to connect up a diverter valve I found a mouse nest. Further inspection revealed that the tee fittings were all rusted and needing replacement. You can see the nest and the fittings in the photos below. I pulled the hoses out of the arms the cross tube. Cleaned everything up and that is when I found the cracks. I know this was an issue a decade ago, where the KL130 loaders were cracking at the torque tube inspection plate corners. The tractor has the repair kit that was designed to prevent this very thing. I have a feeling it loosened up over use or the unit was never installed properly. So I am looking for advice, drill the ends of the cracks and tig weld, add more steel, leave it alone?
When the kits came out it was a mandatory dealer install. Since so much time has passed the installation instructions must be in the public domain by now. Can someone point me towards the info. BTW it is an 2005 CK25HST with 600hrs.View attachment 596231 20190316_162056.jpeg20190316_161948.jpeg20190316_161939.jpeg20190316_162006.jpeg

/ A mouse nest turns into a can of worms #2  
I have a 2004 CK30hst with the KL130 that was supposed to get the repair kit. My dealer never received the kit so mine is still original and luckily no cracks even though I have used the loader pretty hard at times. I remember one member who had a machine shop cut out the square shape of the opening, one inch wide, from 1/4 inch plate steel. He drilled holes in it to match the original and then welded it on to the original cross tube. He lust needed longer bolts. That did strengthen that area. That's what I'll do if mine does crack. So I'd either add more steel with repairing the original or drill and tig as you mentioned. I didn't like the design of the supposed repair kit piece and wasn't sure how it was going to alleviate the problem.

/ A mouse nest turns into a can of worms #3  
If it were mine, I would probably pull the hoses running threw the toque tube and run them on the outside of the tube so they can be serviced later if needed.
Then weld the cracks up, grind them smooth and weld plate over that entire area. My opinion.

/ A mouse nest turns into a can of worms #4  
If it were mine, I would probably pull the hoses running threw the toque tube and run them on the outside of the tube so they can be serviced later if needed.
Then weld the cracks up, grind them smooth and weld plate over that entire area. My opinion.

Yep, what Vince said.

/ A mouse nest turns into a can of worms
Yep, what Vince said.

I do agree, though I will make steel lines. The existing hoses I will cut short to connect cylinders to the new lines. I think I will make a plug to fit the access hole weld it flush. Then plate the entire bottom then read install the modification kit. I just wish I could get the recommended torque for the jacking bolts.

/ A mouse nest turns into a can of worms
I do have a question, what is your opinion about cutting the old torque tube out, and doing the same as the KL130B version. Bore through the arms, add reinforcing plates and weld a tube through the arms. Overkill, or the right way to go?