A nice find!

/ A nice find! #11  
That is a nice find 👍
A good spring is best way to feed a pond. Good luck with this and take us along with you.

/ A nice find! #12  
That looks like the machine Chris dig18 runs on YouTube.

/ A nice find!
That looks like the machine Chris dig18 runs on YouTube.

His is an E version, newer than mine. I've got a D. Mine doesn't require DEF (not sure if his does but, it's Tier 4 final so probably). I'm 99% certain the previous owner deleted the DPF and tuned mine as well, it had a missing EGR hose when I got it was blowing LOTS of black smoke out the exhaust, something that shouldn't have happened if the DPF were still in tact. I'm OK with it being deleted if it is, in fact I prefer that it be. I've only had mine for about a month and have only put maybe 20 hours on it so far, most of that in the last week.

I like the Volvo, the cab is comfortable, it's smooth and fast, even though it's got a hair over 9,000 hours on it.

/ A nice find!
I've started the project, it'll take me some time to get it all finished since we're still moving but, I'll work on it when I can. Working on the road right now, I need to get the skid steer fixed so I can finish that, the part I need had to be ordered from Kubota by the dealer so it's taking a while to get here. Hopefully, I'll have it next week.

Anyway, here's video installment #1 from 4/20/2021

I'll have video of the road build up soon.

/ A nice find! #15  
You are in the Edwards-Trinity Catchment Area of the Edwards Aquifer. You might want to check with the EEA before you do more disturbing of the ground water. While it's your land, in Texas the water rights are NOT! You most likely will need a permit! You can loose everything by ignoring it. The fines (per day) can be staggering--Million$ ++.

If you don't believe me, look up the history of the catfish farm guy south of SA.

Edwards_and_Trinity_Aquifers_Map.png

/ A nice find!
I'm not in the Edwards, which is very much regulated, and I own the water rights. We got water and minerals when we bought the place. I need a permit to drill a well that will produce more than 50GPM but, that's the only requirement we have.

This is our governing body - BCRAGD – Bandera County River Authority and Groundwater District

Also, the catfish farmer ended up getting bought out by SAWS for $30mm. If they want to come buy out my water rights for $30mm, I'll probably sell them. LOL San Antonio's infamous catfish farm's well to be capped

Last edited:
   / A nice find! #17  
Beautiful hill country around Bandera! Access to water makes it so much more beautiful (and valuable). Hope it flows year-round so that future fish and wildlife get to enjoy it as well. :)

/ A nice find!
Beautiful hill country around Bandera! Access to water makes it so much more beautiful (and valuable). Hope it flows year-round so that future fish and wildlife get to enjoy it as well. :)
Thanks, we're really enjoying it here. We have a really pretty seasonal spring on the property as well, with a nice waterfall. It's been dry since around Sept though. It's been really dry here, as you know. I think we need a good 3 - 4 inches over several days to really soak in and get that spring running again.

/ A nice find!
First part of the road build is done.

I've never done any video editing before so, I welcome any comments on the video. I tried to just show the interesting bits and cut out the boring stuff. It's tough compressing 3 hours of work into a 15 minute video, took more time to make the video than it did to do the work..lol