A purple tractor?

/ A purple tractor? #21  
HTRN, We have a dealer in our area that sells Longtrac, Farmtrac and the Landtrac. He is an excellent dealer and he has really cut into the big boys market share with all three product lines. There are a lot of old Longs around my part of the country that have been rode hard and put up wet day after day - year after year and they are still going strong.

A friend of mine had a Landtrac, not sure which one but one of the largest ones and used it with a loader quite a bit. He said that he loved the tractor except for the narrow wheel base. If you look at a line of them on the lot, the width of the wheelbase almost doesn't change from the smaller model up to the larger ones. I haven't done any real comparison between them and others but the large ones do look awful narrow in proportion to their overall physical size. My friend finally traded his and has really missed it. However he said it just didn't feel stable with the fel loaded and raised. He never had an accident with it - I guess it could have been physcological (sp). Before I bought one, I would compare its width with a couple of other brands of the approximate same horsepower and overall size.

If that proves to be an illusion rather than fact or you are going to be using it without a fel, I wouln't hesitate to "go purple". They sure look like fine tractors. TBone

/ A purple tractor?
TBone,

thanks for the feedback.

Looks like I'm going to be waiting a little while before I "go purple". Decided to wait until we find out how much our adoption expenses are gonna be before taking on any more debt.

If anybody want's a great deal on a purple tractor, give Walt a call at Purcell Equipment in Purcell OK and ask if the 280 DTC is still available.

18-80021-murray.jpg