A purple tractor?

/ A purple tractor? #1  
Tractor
murray
That was my first thought when I drove up on the dealers lot. The tractor in question is the Long Landtrac 300 DTC. I've heard them called the affordable blue tractor, and the older Long farm tractors I've used were blue, but this thing was purple.

Notwithstanding the color, the Landtrac 300 is a very impressive unit. The fit and finish are superb. Everything on it is very heavy duty. The dealer also sells Massey Ferguson and has a 1240 on the lot, which I was going to compare the Landtrac with. A better comparision in term of solidness would have been the MF 1165 sitting next to it. All of the components look like they belong on a much larger non-purple tractor.

12 speed fully synchronized tranny, synchronized shuttle, standard dual remote hydraulics, position and draft controls on the 3 point which is capable of lifting almost 3k. 4 cylinder Mitsubishi indirect injection... I guess purple isn't so bad

Hydrostatic steering, weighs 3100 lbs without the loader, hydro-electric PTO engagement, wet disk brakes, quick detach loader w/1250 lb. lift... ya know, that shade of purple is beginning to grow on me.

So what's the scoop on the Landtrac line? They've been out for about 3 years now. They are made by LG Tractor, a Korean company. Does anyone have any personal experience with this model? Everything about the tractors says quality and, according to the LG website, the plant that manufactures them is ISO 9001 certified. I'm just looking for some anecdotal evidence on the durability of the Landtrac line, satisfaction of any owners and the support level of Long Agribusiness.

Good or bad, let me know.

Thanks...

charlie

did I mention that purple is my favorite color?

18-80021-murray.jpg

Attachments

• 19-82541-300.jpg
    19-82541-300.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 630
   / A purple tractor? #2  
I've seen them before at county fairs and ag days celebrations. Never seen one in use.

<font color=green> MossRoad </font color=green>
18-72852-2500bx65.jpg

/ A purple tractor? #3  
My local dealer also sells them. They look like they are well built. The fit and finish also looks good. I have not driven one [not that I could tell you much, my tractor running has been confined to garden tractors, and my dad's old IH"C"]Also my wife Michele liked the color.

18-29691-tractor.gif
18-30376-Paul.jpg

a-usa.gif

/ A purple tractor? #4  
A Mahjindra dealer and I were discussing tractors and he said that the New Holland and Long are basically the same tractor. I don't know if this is true or not. There are a lot of New Holland owners on this forum. Maybe they know more about it.

/ A purple tractor? #5  
I too have seen the purple tractors. I asked my brother who is a mechanic at a NH dealer what these purple tractors were, he said they are the new Long tractors. He also said they are basically the same as the NH tractors. Should be a nice tractor.

Randy

/ A purple tractor? #6  
Purple would be my favorite color if the price was right!!!!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ A purple tractor?
I've got a chance to buy a 280 DTC (essentially the same tractor as the 300) w/loader for 14200. Unfortunately the best financing rate I've been able to get has been either 8.5 fixed or 6.5 variable for 60 months.

Purple is looking better all the time...

charlie

18-80021-murray.jpg

/ A purple tractor? #8  
Great for you,
I like your handle(High Tech) a buddy of mine at work started calling me that a few years ago when I bought a DDS and computer etc.......

/ A purple tractor? #9  
Do you have any Branson dealers in your area? I bought an F3550 w/loader for $13000.00, it has served me well.

/ A purple tractor?
kinman,

I believe there is a dealer about an hour away. The specs on the 2810 look pretty good. The only thing that would make me a little nervous about them is that the American company importing them is only about 3 yrs old. But I will look into them.

Thanks,

charlie

18-80021-murray.jpg