A sign of the times

/ A sign of the times #1  

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
Everybody/everything is positioning to take advantage of increased prices.

Examples in my case -

I can no longer call my doctor and ask a simple question - I must make an appointment - cost.....$175.

I can no longer simply order tick meds from Pet Smart. Must secure prescription confirmation from my vet. Cost of appointment - $75.

I can no longer drive to our local gravel pit and get a load of gravel. Must be secured and delivered by contractor. Delivery cost - $180.

Is this only in my area - ???

/ A sign of the times #2  
Through my insurance we have a program called "Teladoc". I"m not sure how well it works as I haven't used it yet, but it's free through our insurance and supposedly I can get those simple questions answered. I get my meds through my vet anyways, he tries to keep prices reasonable so that we don't go elsewhere. I've never tried to buy gravel but did lose a windshield 3 years ago to somebody who did. Those loads are supposed to be tarped... perhaps that's why they won't sell it privately anymore?

/ A sign of the times #3  
Can still call my Dr’s nurse and she will answer me or get the answer.
Buy my tick treatment at Walmart.
Quarry loads anybody that wants to buy.

/ A sign of the times #4  
I think it's your area. or state. The only thing I know about your state is what I see in the news about the city. Things also change if you are rural-suburban-urban.

I can call and they will ask DR my question, or refill an RX or such. I had a personal relationship with my other Dr so I could speak to him.

Our vet will write the prescription at no cost (we see them every year).

I haven't tried to pick up stone but my neighbor's son picks him up small loads in his 8-10 ton dump. [I need about 20-25 tons so that needs to be delivered. Est $550] However I did have mulch delivered and when I needed just a few more yards they filled my trailer and still charged me the bulk price ($14/yd vs $25)

/ A sign of the times
I'll have to check Wallmart for tick meds next time I'm there.

/ A sign of the times #6  

Examples in my case -

I can no longer call my doctor and ask a simple question - I must make an appointment - cost.....$175.

I can no longer simply order tick meds from Pet Smart. Must secure prescription confirmation from my vet. Cost of appointment - $75.

I can no longer drive to our local gravel pit and get a load of gravel. Must be secured and delivered by contractor. Delivery cost - $180.

We can call our Dr. office and leave a question for the nurse. She'll ask the doc(s) when they're free and call us back with the answer. Sometimes the doc(s) will call us back in person.

What kind of tick medicine are you using?

I can see why an actual gravel pit wouldn't want Joe Public driving around in their pit. It's a safety hazard. We had a guy get run over in his pickup truck by a FEL in a compost/recycling facility several years back.

We don't have a local pit for crushed limestone, so I buy that at our local cement plant. Drive on the scales, call the phone #. Tell them what I need, drive to pile #9 and wait for the FEL to show up. He loads the trailer, I drive back to the scale, call the # again, give them my credit card number over the phone and off I go.

/ A sign of the times #7  
We can call our Dr. office and leave a question for the nurse. She'll ask the doc(s) when they're free and call us back with the answer. Sometimes the doc(s) will call us back in person.

What kind of tick medicine are you using?

I can see why an actual gravel pit wouldn't want Joe Public driving around in their pit. It's a safety hazard. We had a guy get run over in his pickup truck by a FEL in a compost/recycling facility several years back.

We don't have a local pit for crushed limestone, so I buy that at our local cement plant. Drive on the scales, call the phone #. Tell them what I need, drive to pile #9 and wait for the FEL to show up. He loads the trailer, I drive back to the scale, call the # again, give them my credit card number over the phone and off I go.
Forgot to mention the guy that got ran over's name was Ronald McDonald. Really.

He saw it coming and dove into the passenger side foot well. The cab was crushed and his shoulder was crushed. Lucky to be alive.

/ A sign of the times #8  

Examples in my case -

In Northern Va.
I email my Doctor or call and speak to an Advice nurse, been that way for decades.
Just checked with local gravel pit, #57 is up to $45 but they'll drop it in my truck.
I was concerned about that because of another post today.

/ A sign of the times
Moss - Brownie gets NexGard - flea and tick meds.