A tiller question or two

/ A tiller question or two #1  

Mickey_Fx

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar Fx24D, Cub 3204
I'm looking at getting a tiller for my tractor and was wondering if someone either had the knowledge or had a link that gave some info on all the various yanmar tiller models. Info desired was model #, size, type mount, preferred HP range, UFO controls, etc. Ws hoping to find a chart similar to the ones that canbe found for the various tractor models.

Have been reading some posts on tillers here and in general it looks like these tillers mount very close to the tractor. I'm looking at an RSB 1300 and from the looks of the tiller and the length of my lift arms, it sure looks like there could only be a couple inches clearance between the tiller and the rear tires. I did see one thread where someone had welded some short extension on their tiller to get it mounted a little further back. Any issues with doing this?

How are these tillers intended to be orientated? Is the chain drive housing meant to be vertical or and some small angle?

One last thing. The rear cover has a removable center section and when removed make for a raised row. Anyone have something like this and how does this feature perform?

/ A tiller question or two #2  
I have an Isieki 5' tiller that mounts on my Fx20d, and it works great. My tiller was used and it came with a shorter PTO shaft and a shorter 3 point arm. Mine also has a removeable center plate but I didn't know what it was for. I will take it off and try next time. I works great with the UFO. The place I bought my tractor from said that every tractor that he imports comes with a tiller on it. My tractor had a matched Yanmar tiller for it but I opted to up grade to the Isieki. He was getting between $600 and $800 per tiller.
Good Luck and Happy Tilling.
Mark /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ A tiller question or two #3  
I have an RS1400 behind my YM2000. Its awsome! It cost me $500 and works very well. It does mount very close to the rear wheels but matches the tractor fine.

The only problem I have is that it needs to have a top link addapter plate mounted to the tractor and a VERY short drive shaft. This makes it a hassle swapping it out. I plan on adding a few inches to the 3pt mounts of the tiller and using a longer top link and driveshaft with a slip clutch. That will be my winter project.