A very interesting read about the rise n fall of IH

/ A very interesting read about the rise n fall of IH #31  
Im not sure why, but the vidiographer seems to want to blame everything but what I feel was the real reason for the company's final demise, which was very poor upper management, How did Tennico succeed?
How did Ford, GM, and Chrysler succeed? It was tough, but they made it.

As I mentioned in a previous post, just think if they had put money into the Scout line back when they closed it 40 years ago, they had a vehicle that was poised to lead the whole SUV revolution.

A forward thinking Company Board and management could have made a great company succeed!

They also seemed to be one of the first big SUV vehicles (Tavelall) and one of the first crew cab 4wd trucks I ever saw.
I remember this old fella back in the early 70s. He plowed all our roads with an IH 1-ton crew cab IH 4wd truck and a basic salt spreader in the bed.
Now it takes 3 PADOT Union guys with $200,000 state of the art dump trucks with every modern automated gizmo to plow the same roads.

/ A very interesting read about the rise n fall of IH #32  
There was over a decade between closing truck line by IH and the SUV boom

/ A very interesting read about the rise n fall of IH #33  
There was over a decade between closing truck line by IH and the SUV boom

Yeah, but the scout and travelall set the stage for the SUV boom

/ A very interesting read about the rise n fall of IH
If my memory serves me and I am pretty sure it does, the Scout line shut down in 1980, and the SUV boom started on 1984-5, I bought a new 1987 Jeep Cherokee, and I had to order it, as they were sold out on the local Jeep lot

/ A very interesting read about the rise n fall of IH #35  
1983 saw IH dealer in Lagrange IN selling scouts off at wholesale discount tried to talk my Father into one for 2800 new now I wished I bought all 5 of them. I would be rich today. They bring good cash today especially pristine units.

/ A very interesting read about the rise n fall of IH
Anyone that may care about the IH Brand in the Mid west, their homecoming is this weekend, mostly Scout and IH PU, but I think there is a wide list of IH branding at these events.

I posted the link below, it is held at the Former Scout Plant in Fort Wayne, and there is the opportunity to drive the IH test track as well.

Harvester Homecoming 2;)