Accident Investigation Reports

/ Accident Investigation Reports #1  

MasseyWV

Elite Member
Tractor
I came across this site while searching for information about sandblasting tractors but thought it was worth a mention here.

Iowa Fatality Assessment & Control Evaluation Program

It shows actual detailed investigation reports of fatalities that occurred while using tractors and other machinery, and lists recommendations of what might have been done to prevent them. The reports also include pictures (non gruesome) and diagrams of the scene.

It's well worth reading.

/ Accident Investigation Reports #2  
I came across this site while searching for information about sandblasting tractors but thought it was worth a mention here.

Iowa Fatality Assessment & Control Evaluation Program

It shows actual detailed investigation reports of fatalities that occurred while using tractors and other machinery, and lists recommendations of what might have been done to prevent them. The reports also include pictures (non gruesome) and diagrams of the scene.

It's well worth reading.

There are a couple states that investigate these kinds of accidents...and have been posted on TBN before.
It's always good to have reminders!
There is one accident especially pertinent. That was a Hispanic man killed when the Compact Tractor (a NH TC 33, I think) rolled over on him...the ROPS folded.
You see a lot of attached or linked pictures on TBN of members operating their tracors with folded ROPS.