Adapt JD Cat 2 toplink to Cat 1?

/ Adapt JD Cat 2 toplink to Cat 1? #1  

MNBobcat

Platinum Member
I have a John Deere 3020 which has a cat 2 toplink like in the photo.

I bought a 3-point seeder. The large hook on the top link is binding on the attachment ball that i put on the seeder. I've ran into that problem with other attachments in the past and I've always had to modify the attachment to make it work. I googled but didn't find an answer. Are there toplinks available that have the correct cat 2 end to attach to the tractor and then a cat 1 end opposite to attach to the implement? If not, are there any kind of adapters available?

HTAR34208.jpg

/ Adapt JD Cat 2 toplink to Cat 1? #2  
You can buy aa bushing from you local farm store to adapt cat2 to cat1. I keep about 4 or 5 of them in the toolbox on the tractor.

Chris

/ Adapt JD Cat 2 toplink to Cat 1?
I have those bushings for the lower attachment. The problem I'm having is the hook on the top link is such a large diameter that when you attach it to the attachment it binds inside of the bracket on the attachment. The bracket isn't deep enough to allow the "hook" to rotate inside the bracket.

You can buy aa bushing from you local farm store to adapt cat2 to cat1. I keep about 4 or 5 of them in the toolbox on the tractor.

Chris

/ Adapt JD Cat 2 toplink to Cat 1? #5  
Before someone suggests a cheap generic top link, know that the tractor end ball and socket are too large in diameter to fit the tractor bracket.