Add loader to Yanmar 180D?

/ Add loader to Yanmar 180D? #1  

Pilot

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 770, Yanmar 180D, JD 420 (not running), had a Kubota B6200
I have a very nice 180D, 4X4, new paint, new tires, 875 actual hrs. This is a domestic market Yanmar, so parts are readily available. Considering adding a loader to it. Have been quoted $2,800 for an SMC loader & have tried out an SMC on a JD & found it to be acceptable--actually, pretty nice.

By the time I add a loader, I'll have $7,200 into this tractor. Can't find much price info on domestic models. Will I have more into it than it is worth?

Thanks.

Richard Scott

/ Add loader to Yanmar 180D? #2  
If you plan on selling it, it may be more than it is worth. If you plan on keeping & using it , the use you get from it will determine if it was worth the investment.

/ Add loader to Yanmar 180D? #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( This is a domestic market Yanmar, so parts are readily available. )</font>
Don't bet the ranch on it. We are finding more and more that there are many NA parts for domestic Yanmars. We personally have a much easier time parts sourcing for the greys. Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting you get rid of the tractor, but I am saying it may be a bit optimistic to suppose that you can get any needed part for it just because it was sold domestically.

If you can use the loader, go for it. As an investment, I would say you would have at least full retail into it.

/ Add loader to Yanmar 180D? #4  
I agree, I am having a harder time sourcing domestic parts than grey parts.

Buck

/ Add loader to Yanmar 180D? #5  
Richard: Me three
Koyker does not sell a loader for the 180 or I would of sold you one a few months ago when you asked.

As far as parts go, greys are a lot easier to get parts for than domestic, (go figure that one out) !

I do have a YM186 sitting on 2 pallets in the parts yard.
Ernie

/ Add loader to Yanmar 180D? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Richard:

I do have a YM186 sitting on 2 pallets in the parts yard.
Ernie )</font>

Were/are you parting this or selling the whole thing?

Rex

/ Add loader to Yanmar 180D? #7  
   / Add loader to Yanmar 180D? #8  
Ernie,
Ship it to me and I'll store it for you. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'm kind of hoping you hang on to it for a few years so I know where to find parts if I ever need them.

/ Add loader to Yanmar 180D? #9  
Ernie, I went to your web page as saw a pic of the Mitsubishi 1640 you're parting. do you still have it? Send me a PM, tried to send you one but it says you are not accepting PMs.

/ Add loader to Yanmar 180D? #10  
Some how it was changed /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Oh well try it now
Ernie