Added another Kubota to the family.

/ Added another Kubota to the family. #1  

Adiredneck

Gold Member
Tractor
2006 Kubota L3400DT, Kubota L5240
My father finally threw in the towel on one of the IH tractors that was my grandfathers. The old 300 utility has quit on him time and time again, despite the attention he has paid it. He told me that if he wants or needs to use a tractor, it should start every time, no questions asked. We'll put it on Craigslist soon.

I never thought I would see the day when he would buy a Kubota, but we looked at a 2010 MX5100DT yesterday. Came with a sun shade, Loaded tires, 1 set of remotes, with only 274 hours. Previous owner used it to rake hay. It is spotless, except for a couple of scratches on the floor boards. He's adding a block heater (funny, he didn't trust me to install it).

I tried talking him into a loader but he said no. He also has an IH544 with a loader, and couldn't justify it. I suspect once he starts using it, he will change his mind.

He is going to use it for cutting hay, occasionally raking (the 8n does a pretty good job at that still), and maybe bailing if his 544 acts up (which it will).

His mower has a single acting ram on it (gravity brings the head down). Can we use the dual acting remote without any issues? I told him it should work, but wanted to ask a few others first.

/ Added another Kubota to the family.
IMG_1153.PNG

Here she is.

/ Added another Kubota to the family. #3  
Nice looking machine for it's age! I think your father will quickly fall in love with it.

Your rear remote valve should work with a single action cylinder but the bleed down time may be a bit slow. Most of the rear remote setups I've had on my Kubotas have a float position on the first valve. From my experience, the bleed down time is a bit faster in the float position. Either way, you shouldn't have a problem.

/ Added another Kubota to the family. #4  
Beautiful Tractor............ But it looks naked without a loader.

There's no way I can justify having an FEL, BUT it is priceless to me in serving as a wheelbarrow, shovel, grader, and easy way to lift stuff onto a trailer or into a pickup.

Ron

/ Added another Kubota to the family. #5  
Nice...very nice he's gotta like power steering and comfortable set. :thumbsup:

/ Added another Kubota to the family.
Nice looking machine for it's age! I think your father will quickly fall in love with it. Your rear remote valve should work with a single action cylinder but the bleed down time may be a bit slow. Most of the rear remote setups I've had on my Kubotas have a float position on the first valve. From my experience, the bleed down time is a bit faster in the float position. Either way, you shouldn't have a problem.

Thanks for the reply. I figured that would be the case.