adding ballast to A PT1425

/ adding ballast to A PT1425 #1  

hotrodzz4

Tractor
Case 530CK, Oliver HG, Power Trac 1425, Terramite T5, Ford 3000, Husqvarna MZT52
I recently purchased a used PT1425. It has a set of home made forks on it that the previous owner used for moving picnic tables. I am not sure how he did it. I used it the other night to move a small engine around, approx 250 pounds. The rear got so light that it was almost impossible to get it to steer and going across the yard the machine tipped forward when I turned to the left tightly. I understand that the weight transfers as the wheelbase changes but it seems that this machine should be much more capable considering how strong the hydraulics are. The rear tires are new, should they be fluid filled? I have a few sets of bolt on garden tractor weights I could add also I wanted to ask the experts first. Thanks for your input!

powertrac.jpg

Attachments

• powertrac2.jpg
    powertrac2.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 106
   / adding ballast to A PT1425 #2  
Looks like a little beast!

Welcome to TBN! :thumbsup:

It should lift way more than 250# without getting tippy. How far out on the forks was it? How long are the forks, etc....

/ adding ballast to A PT1425
Thanks, I will get some pictures of the forks soon. I think that is some of the issue, they are built way overkill. I need to make trip to Tazewell for a bucket and a set of forks, it came with a large mower that has never been used. This little guy led a pretty sweet life of moving picnic tables and doing light work around a campground. It has a ton of leaks but I will start sorting through them once I can get it in my shop.

/ adding ballast to A PT1425 #4  
Hi

Don't know if this is useful... But I have a 3pt style bucket from power-trac that came with a machine I bought. I don't need it as I've upgraded to the hydraulic quick attach.

It's matched to the 4xx series but could work for you.

This time of year, I'm just down 85 from you. If you have any interest. I can get a picture. I think it's 45 or 48" good shape.

Also... I spotted an Oliver hg on CL in Ohio, complete but not running... Pretty good shape...

Is