Adding Cruise Control to Kubota L-Series?

/ Adding Cruise Control to Kubota L-Series? #1  

kg7il

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800
Has anyone added cruise control at a later date to the Kubota L-Series.

Not sure what's involved or why it couldn't be hand-crafted.

/ Adding Cruise Control to Kubota L-Series? #2  
I'm not sure what you mean. I've got an L4400. Just set the throttle lever to desired speed.

/ Adding Cruise Control to Kubota L-Series? #3  
He means the cruise control on hydrostat equipped models, it is mechanical in nature, and on the left side of the seat. Mine was a factory install, but I have heard of dealers putting them on L3700's as they did not come standard with them, they were a 200 dollar option. I understand it is a "job".

James K0UA

/ Adding Cruise Control to Kubota L-Series?
James, you clarified this for me. Thanks.

It was one option that I overlooked after bouncing back and forth between my model choices.

/ Adding Cruise Control to Kubota L-Series? #5  
No problem, In my opinion it is a worthwhile option, and I would pay the 200 bucks, if I did not already have it. I dont use it for mowing or road travel, but it is useful for when you want to brake steer when pushing snow, and the front wheels are off the ground, as you know, and has been pointed out many times here on this forum, Kubota placed the brakes on the right side, same as the hydro pedal, and by using cruise with you left hand you can brake steer with you right foot. Others are skillful enough to heel the hydro pedal and toe the split brakes. But not me.

James K0UA

/ Adding Cruise Control to Kubota L-Series? #6  
I would *almost* sell you mine... I don't use it that much.

/ Adding Cruise Control to Kubota L-Series? #7  
Does anyone have the cruise control kit part numbers for the L3200 HST? I am sure I can install this myself but I cannot for the life of me find it on the net.

/ Adding Cruise Control to Kubota L-Series? #8  
I have "cruise control" on my MX5100. It seems to be just a manual setting for the hydro pedal thingy. As far as I can tell, it does not release when you step on the brake. Ran into that a couple times when needing to stop fast. Sooo, I never use it any more.:shocked::2cents:

/ Adding Cruise Control to Kubota L-Series? #9  
I have "cruise control" on my MX5100. It seems to be just a manual setting for the hydro pedal thingy. As far as I can tell, it does not release when you step on the brake. Ran into that a couple times when needing to stop fast. Sooo, I never use it any more.:shocked::2cents:

Were your brakes linked together? When you step on the linked brake pedal, it should push the cruise handle backwards. I agree it is not very sophisticated like the button actuated and electromagnet held cruise systems, like on my Kioti but it should work. You do have to press hard on the brakes to get the handle to press back. Of course with hydro, we tend to not use the brakes much on the tractor anyway, because as soon as you let your foot off of the pedal the tractor normally stops anyway. Perhaps you just didn't stomp them hard enough?

/ Adding Cruise Control to Kubota L-Series? #10  
All good things but back to the much elusive part #. Does anyone have it so I can get my hands on it without having to go to the dealer? I have never in my life had such a hard time finding a part or kit on the internet. Not even eBay! (SHOCKER)