Adding remote HYdros

/ Adding remote HYdros #1  

clemsonfor

Tractor
Yanmar YM2000
Looking at a 3pt splitter i think may be a deal, but the problem is that it is a remote hookup one. My ym2000 as we know does not have remote ports. I dont have a loader but one was installed before i bought it, but i did not want it or want to pay for it now so i had it taken off. The reason i point this out is that the hydro line (small i think) is cut and has a rubber line in place since the loader valve was taken out when diss assembled. Would it be as easy as putting a valve back in there, like unhook the line and run into a valve and then a line back to the other side of the metal line? What do you think the parts for this may cost, valve, hoses (know there not that much) etc. I dont want to spend so much on the remotes that i could just buy a tow behind splitter after the cost of the unit and mods to the tractor to run it.

And what type of valve do i need to put in if that will work, open center like a loader or one that will be on or off?

/ Adding remote HYdros #2  
Would have thought splitter might have a valve on it but if not one like this should work. Hydraulic Cylinders & Components - Logsplitter Valve - 3/4" Ports by International Hydraulics You should be able to remove your current hydraulic hose, install quick connects on both end of metal line. Get whatever length hydraulics line necessary to reach splitter, screw one end of those into splitter valve, put quick disconnects on other ends to match tractor quick disconnects. Your ready to go. Put quick disconnects on current hose or get shorter hose and when through splitting unplug splitter hoses, plug in short hose and your good to go. Here are some quick disconnects, many brands and styles are available. Making sure these are plugged together good is important, they have checks in them and these checks are opened when plugged together. If not fully plugged you could possibly dead head your pump. I'm sure you already know most or more than I have stated here. ISO 5675 Agricultural Hydraulic Quick Disconnects Here are a few prices on hoses. Search Results

/ Adding remote HYdros
Yea the log splitter has a valve on it. I was concerned about having to have another valve though, as i did not know if the valve on the splitter would allow by pass or whatever keeps the pump from deadheading. So if i put quick connects on both sides of my hard line and line into the hose for splitter and line out from splitter back to the hard metal line i should be good to go and then to disconnect i could just put back in my 12" or so piece of rubber hose?

/ Adding remote HYdros #4  
I believe so.:thumbsup:

/ Adding remote HYdros
I posted about what would a deal for a splitter be, cause i found one. YOu always find stuff when your not looking. Those guys guessed that my hydro pump to be about 5GPM (i really dont remember and could not find a post refferencing it and am not home to get my service manual). Using that number and a guess on the cylinder size they said to cycle it would take almost 30 seconds to do a full cycle. 17 seconds for compression stroke (cant remember what he called it) and a little less for retraction. So to split the normal size logs i usuall y have that would come out to 1.5 -2.5 minutes per chunk!! Im not that old yet i think i will keep swinging the maul for a few more years i can have one split in less than a minute easy maybe more like 30 seconds if its easy splitting wood. It would be handy for sweet gum and hickory though!

/ Adding remote HYdros
Thats where this site is good we put our minds togeather and help folks figure things out or make smart decisions. Im glad i did not just buy it and then find out later and be dissatisfied.

/ Adding remote HYdros
Cool winston, im not ready to spend that kind of cash though. That site is sure made by someone speaking a different language or some of it is lost in translation. It sure dosent read like it should. I know i sometimes dont make sense here when i type but thats cause the brain is faster than the fingers and i type what i think then i change how i was going to say something and dont go back and change the whole sentence. But if i had a web page for my business i sure would make sure it read fluently.