Adding teeth to a FEL

/ Adding teeth to a FEL #1  

Thing

Tractor
Yanmar YM 226D 4x4
Hey guys. Just picked up a small ym226D I'm guessing mid to late 80's. I want to start some food plots on 95 acres I own. It looks to be abandoned pasture, some young growth but alot of open weedy areas. Has anyone had any success using a FEL with teeth attached to prep the ground for seeding. I realize this tractor isn't a bulldozer but I'm curious if anyone has had any success using the bucket with teeth for this application ? Thanks

/ Adding teeth to a FEL #2  
Not the proper tool,get a inexpensive "middle buster/a.ka. potato plow" after brush-hogging.

/ Adding teeth to a FEL #4  
Exactly... a tiller, after slashing the area, will get the job done right.

A FEL isn't designed to dig.
I disagree.
I added a DIY toothbar on my Mitsubishi CUT and it now thinks it is an excavator.
Full buckets every time in rock infested soil and with bucket vertical it is a great root back drag.
I installed 7 'teeth' on my 4 ft bucket and that made it a whole new tool.
That was almost 10 years ago and never any issues or damage.

/ Adding teeth to a FEL #5  
plowing 95 acres using a bucket with teeth, would have to have a huge amount of patience.
Tiller + brush hog would make this much easier.

/ Adding teeth to a FEL #6  
plowing 95 acres using a bucket with teeth, would have to have a huge amount of patience.
Tiller + brush hog would make this much easier.
I seriously doubt he's planning on making a 95 acre "food plot"... but you are correct, that would not be a fun chore with only a toothed bucket - might be better off with a pick and shovel!

/ Adding teeth to a FEL #7  
IF you got rocks---tiller not good idea! use a regular disk! Toothbar on bucket will work---just slow. I use a bolt on one on my nh 781 all the time and have dug out some nasty stuff with it---just dont go hog wild with them and they are fine.--and yes loaders are used for digging in dirt!