Adequate Rabbit Fencing?

/ Adequate Rabbit Fencing? #1  

DocHeb

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC40D Supersteer
I used wire fencing with 2" wide by 4" high openings to encircle my new garden. Will this be adequate to keep rabbits out?

/ Adequate Rabbit Fencing? #2  
I just did the same thing, but I also used 3' wide chicken wire for the bottom 2', and buried about 10-12". We also have coons, ground hogs, squirrels, moles, and chipmunks to keep out, not to mention the deer. I haven't seen any evidence of anything getting inside the fence yet, but there isn't much food up yet. After looking at the 2x4" spacing on the fence, it looked big enough for a determined rabbit to get through to me.

/ Adequate Rabbit Fencing? #3  
Doubt it....My grandaddy used the smallest opening chicken wire he could find.He used have small area next to his garden that was open and easy to get to I think that more than any thing used to keep them away. Why fight with wire if you can just sit down at the grill and it...?

My cats (3) are big help they for some reason love to wollow in the soft tilled soil of our little spot for maters(tomatoes) and karats. I'd imagine all that scent makes a rabitt nervous....

If it realy is a problem for ya good luck.

/ Adequate Rabbit Fencing? #4  
We just ran 2' high chicken wire around ours. Works real good. Even keeps out the deer. Course, it's reinforced with a couple strands of electric. :D

Steve

/ Adequate Rabbit Fencing?
Thanks everyone - I'll probably go the chicken wire route. It's been so long since I've had enough sun in my yard to grow things that I don't want anything to go wrong.

/ Adequate Rabbit Fencing? #6  
Yeah that will do it for rabbits,if nothing else, it will make their escape from your garden harder,and when there's snow you can tell where the winkest link is,its a long time till snow though. RICHARD GAUTHIER

/ Adequate Rabbit Fencing? #7  
Stew is a pretty positive solution for the fencing. Exspecialy after it has been fattened up.

Egon

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Ford 4000 Salvage Tractor (A33041)
Ford 4000 Salvage...
1x8x12ft. Shipp Lapp (96 Pieces) (1152 Linear FT.)  SELLING BY THE LINEAR FT x1152 (A34189)
1x8x12ft. Shipp...
2019 Caterpillar 420F2 4x4 Loader Backhoe Extendahoe (A32932)
2019 Caterpillar...
CHAIR (A34011)
CHAIR (A34011)
OME wheels . 2005 or 2005 Chevy 2500 diesel. 16" (A34007)
OME wheels . 2005...
6 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
6 Yard steel end...