ADM Posts Record Profits Again

/ ADM Posts Record Profits Again #1  

SkyPup

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L-39 GST TLB, Kubota L3130GST, Massey 1030 HST, Kubota ZD-21 ProDecK, Two Euro VW TDIs
DECATUR, Ill., -- Archer Daniels Midland (NYSE:ADM)

"ADM delivered its second consecutive year of record earnings," said CEO and President Patricia Woertz. "Credit goes to the people of ADM and the alignment of our strategy, global portfolio of assets and strong management team. We have good momentum going forward and are well positioned to capitalize on our opportunities for continued growth."

-- Net earnings for the quarter more than doubled to $ 410 million - $ .62 per share from $ 195 million - $ .30 per share last year.

-- Segment operating profit for the quarter increased 82% to $ 637 million from $ 351 million last year.

- Oilseeds Processing operating profit increased on improved market conditions in all geographic areas.

The popularity of biodiesel--made from vegetable matter intead of fossil fuels--"will tighten the supply of vegetable oils," William Camp, executive vice president of Archer Daniels Midland, said during a presentation at the ThinkEquity Partners Growth Conference in San Francisco.

Because agricultural prices typically fluctuate with supply levels, the vegetable oil shortage will cause food prices to rise and may create food shortages in some areas.

Vegetable oil prices have declined in the past three weeks because projected demand for biodiesel has come down from the speculative levels achieved a few weeks ago. Nonetheless, lowered levels of projected demand still seem destined to make future supply difficult.

"I do think there will be a crimp in vegetable oil supplies in three to five years," said Camp.

According to Camp, part of the problem is the large amount of oil required to produce one gallon of biodiesel.

/ ADM Posts Record Profits Again
I think the cost of french fries is going up and the Rain Forest is going down! :D

Vegatable oils currently exported for food will get consumed domestically as fuel, Camp predicted.

ADM says it will be capable of producing 100 million gallons per year by the second quarter of next year and is in the midst of negotiating the purchase of large tracts of land for refining biodiesel in North and South America.

/ ADM Posts Record Profits Again #3  
ITS A SCANDEL!

RECORD PROFITS!

GOUGING AT THE PUMPS!

SOMEBODY NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING!

CONGRESS BETTER PULL ADM'S CEO INTO A HEARING!

:D

Later,
Dan

dmccarty said:
ITS A SCANDEL!

RECORD PROFITS!

GOUGING AT THE PUMPS!

SOMEBODY NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING!

CONGRESS BETTER PULL ADM'S CEO INTO A HEARING!

:D

Later,
Dan

This truly is a massive scandal of record proportions! :eek:

Now they are stealing food off our tables to put into our fuel tanks and price gouging us at the Super Market and the Gas Station (as well as at all the fast food MacDonalds, Burger Kings, Chinese Food stores, etc. due to the cost of all the veggie oil they consume)! :(

On top of that, they are consuming huge amounts of natural resources, clearing forests, eroding the land, pumping the aquifiers dry, and destroying rivers and streams with fertilizer runoff, and driving up the cost of pork, beef, chicken, etc.....

And the US Taxpayers are subdizing it all by paying these professional crooks $0.99 for every gallon they can steal from our table, which was mandated by Congressional farm lobbyists out to grab every buck they could get their greasy hands on! :(:(:(

This has got to be the absolute BIGGEST corporate greed conspiracy yet and the most successful rip-off of the American consumers collective pocketbooks! :( :( :(

Last edited:
   / ADM Posts Record Profits Again #5  
Well for the working poor high gas prices sort of steals food off the table to buy gas to get to work. Limited marginal income means something else has to be cut.
six of one half a dozen of the other. The less oil we buy from the ME the less political power they will have.

Ben

/ ADM Posts Record Profits Again #6  
slowrev said:
Well for the working poor high gas prices sort of steals food off the table to buy gas to get to work. Limited marginal income means something else has to be cut.
six of one half a dozen of the other. The less oil we buy from the ME the less political power they will have.

Ben
I agree, anything's better than sending truck loads of cash to the same people that are committed to kill as many of us as possible. I'm sure the "Freedom Fries" will not be impacted too much.:)
John

NewToy said:
I agree, anything's better than sending truck loads of cash to the same people that are committed to kill as many of us as possible.
John

The majority of foreign imported oil utilized by the United States is from Canda and Mexico....... :rolleyes:

/ ADM Posts Record Profits Again #8  
And we tend to be pretty good neighbors, all in all. Thanks for shopping Canada Oil Sands Mart. Come again. :)

/ ADM Posts Record Profits Again #9  
SkyPup said:
The majority of foreign imported oil utilized by the United States is from Canda and Mexico....... :rolleyes:
There you go again, SkyPup, introducing facts into the discussion. :p Life is much simpler when raw emotion, urban myths and rumors rule the day. Saves a lot of critical thinking. :D

/ ADM Posts Record Profits Again #10  
SkyPup said:
Saudi's are running a close third then there's are good buddies in Venezeula, Nigeria, Angola and of course Iraq. Like I said TRUCKLOADS. Never stated that the Middle East was the #1 supplier. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

John