Advertised loader lift capacities?

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #21  
Wonder why he edited out the test for the max load?

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #22  
Wonder why he edited out the test for the max load?
Which one? He went all the way past what the loader was rated for..?

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #23  
My previous tractor was a Case 990 with a Case 65 loader. That loader was typically used on bigger tractors and it was WAY to much loader for the 990. It was perfect if you were careful. My M7060 by comparison has a puny loader (LA1154). I tried to unload a partial pallet of 50 each 60# bags of concrete and it wouldn't. I had to toss 4 or 5 bags off. On my Case if you put enough weight on the hitch (already had loaded rears) you could have probably picked up 64 bags. I'm not worried about my safety, I'm used to having to be careful with a strong loader, but I am worried about the loader frame so I've never tweaked the relief valve.

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #24  
I'm looking hard at the Kioti CK3510SE Cab and started to look at the Deere 3035, 3038, etc and their lift capacities are much lower.

Is Kioti fudging their specs or is really that much stronger?
I have a kioti lb1914 and the bucket on it is 54" wide and 20-14" deep. It is rated as a 19 hp tractor and I have noticed that compared to other compacts and their loader this one is much larger. I routinely max out the volume with sand and gravel or dirt/mulch and have been VERY impressed with the load capacity....as long as I have the rpms up where they should be.

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #25  
That video was an excellent demonstration of ballast. I see too many people doing FEL work with a box blade or mower as ballast; they don't weigh enough. For my dinky little 25 hp Kioti it recommends 800-1000 lbs of ballast. The BH at 1,200 lbs (sub-frame mount) is perfect, it makes the front wheels light.

I usually use my 700+ lb weight barrel connected to my Qh which increases both weight and leverage.

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #26  
3510 says 1600lbs~ and the Deere is 800-1100 depending on comprable models. Keep in mind I am not too familiar with Deere.
Make sure you are comparing apples to apples as far as tractor weight first. If they are the same weight, then physics dictates the weight a FEL can lift safely in most circumstances. Even though a mfg might say 2500 lbs, if you have a 3000lb tractor it isn't happening safely.

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #27  
Good to know. I would be moving 1,000 pounds of pellets from time to time, but from back of truck bed to the ground.
Great example of safe lift capacity. Truck bed is usually 4 ft off the ground. Look at the FEL capacity curves in the manuals and see where things are from 5 feet down (you need some clearance to get off the bed). Then you need to be able to to safely ballast the load.

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #28  
I have been down this road. You can easily buy more loader than your tractor can handle. With loaded tires and a 7-foot rototiller on back, I can still raise the rear off the ground with a good bucketful of wet sand.

Then there is breaking the front end while traveling slowly with said bucket of wet sand.

1K pounds is a lot to lift with a 40~70HP tractor. This is one of the reasons skid steers are so popular on farms!

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #29  
I think you may have slipped a number. 1K# is nothing on a 70 HP tractor. Counterweight optional.

/ Advertised loader lift capacities? #30  
Loaders are rated at their maximum height but they get stronger the lower you go (ie, my Kubota L3200 is rated for about 1160# at full height but can lift over 2600# down low).

All else equal, a taller loader will have a lower load rating than a shorter loader even though they are equal. Drop the taller one down to the same height and the rating would be the same.

This comes into play in marketing. Tractors with short stubby loaders tend to have really high ratings. LS tractors were known for this. Kubota loaders would lift 12-16" higher and have commensurably lower ratings. Kubota gets dinged for this a lot.

If you can put them on par, apples to apples, rated at the same height, then you can get a fair comparison.

Here's the lift curve for my loader, in red. Notice how much it varies with height.

loader.jpg