Advice '03 New Holland TC40

/ Advice '03 New Holland TC40 #11  
On my T2310 (replaced the TC40), the spring attaches vertically to a bracket.
IMG_20200219_140937168.jpg

IMG_20200219_141030302.jpg

Edit Mine is the Shuttle Transmission. ;

Last edited:
   / Advice '03 New Holland TC40 #12  
I have a 2001 tc40. The guy I bought it from knocked the foot throttle spring off of wherever it hooked onto and put a wire from the right side step mounting bracket to that spring. I was wondering if anyone knows where that spring hooks onto and maybe a picture of it would help me out greatly.

Did my pics help?

/ Advice '03 New Holland TC40 #13  
EDIT: OK... disregard Everything below... I see from Airbuscuit post that is completely different to what I was thinking....

If your TC40 is a hydro-static then I'm guessing you are talking about the spring for the HST froward & reverse pedals... If you have the 12x12 synch shuttle trans then I'm not sure which spring you are referring to; I believe the throttle is a lever on the dash for all the TC40's.

So if it is a HST then I think this is the pic of the spring installed you are looking for:

TC40D HST Pedal Assembly (2).jpg TC40D HST Pedal Assembly (1).jpg TC40D HST Pedal Assembly (3).jpg

If that is what you are referring to then more than likely the Spade Retaining bolt broke & is missing. You can get a replacement Spade Bolt (part # 86400173) & the Nuts (part # 100016) - you need 2 nuts

Messicks has them both:

Spade Bolt (qty 1) - New Holland / Case IH: BOLT, Part # 864173
Nuts (qty 2) - New Holland / Case IH / Stens: screw, Part # 116

/ Advice '03 New Holland TC40 #14  
Did you take all that apart just to get great pics?

/ Advice '03 New Holland TC40 #15  
Did you take all that apart just to get great pics?

LOL... Yup anything to help out a fellow tractor owner.....:laughing: Actually we had a major decision to make a couple years ago.... look for a new tractor or decide to fix ours.... we decided to fix it & make some improvements along the way.... pics are from that project

/ Advice '03 New Holland TC40 #16  
If you have one of these, that's pretty cool!

/ Advice '03 New Holland TC40 #17  
Yeah... it was headed to the scrap yard because it needed some love & the company was using it for just a yard machine at the time but were replacing it with a unit they had in the field that could no longer be used due to OSHA, so they were looking to get rid of the Lull 400... I grabbed it up before she was scrapped....

01414_f1IXjrRkZpV_600x450.jpg

/ Advice '03 New Holland TC40 #18  
That machine has character. I saw that some had a Slant 6!