Advice for looking for older tractor.

/ Advice for looking for older tractor. #11  
Guys:
It was 60 or less, so no more than 60, not 60 required.
I was also spec'ing engine, for instance.
I'm just guessing here, never done it before.
Advantage of Glide Shift to HST?
Will the models be IDed as GS?

/ Advice for looking for older tractor. #12  
Guys:
It was 60 or less, so no more than 60, not 60 required.
I was also spec'ing engine, for instance.
I'm just guessing here, never done it before.
Advantage of Glide Shift to HST?
Will the models be IDed as GS?
Kubota L6060 is 60 engine HP, 53 PTO HP. (MX 6000 is a larger frame size but uses the same engine.) JD 4066R is, perhaps, a couple HP more. Both are the largest HST tractors made by the respective manufacturers and are BIG HST tractors by todays standards.

Neighbor has a GST Kubota and has had expensive (out of warranty) transmission problems.

For ground engaging work, I would be investigating hydro shuttle machines. Considerably more efficient.

SDT

/ Advice for looking for older tractor. #13  
What type of ground engagement are you looking for if your BX alreaty digs any size hole you ever need?

/ Advice for looking for older tractor. #14  
I see you use your wife as reason for the HST but has your wife ever tried a true manual tractor? Not a manual auto but a tractor. If not she might find the ranges solve the clutch issue of how to engage it slowly.
My wife use to drive a manual school bus so she is fine with manual pickup but really does great on manual tractor as the clutch is not as tricky engaging. My oldest daughter which never master manual vehicle handle my larger than you want JD rather well again due to the design of how the clutch engages and with more torque than with vehicle.
I have a Kubota B2710 and it has limited electronics and pollution control.

/ Advice for looking for older tractor. #15  
I see you use your wife as reason for the HST but has your wife ever tried a true manual tractor? Not a manual auto but a tractor. If not she might find the ranges solve the clutch issue of how to engage it slowly.
My wife use to drive a manual school bus so she is fine with manual pickup but really does great on manual tractor as the clutch is not as tricky engaging. My oldest daughter which never master manual vehicle handle my larger than you want JD rather well again due to the design of how the clutch engages and with more torque than with vehicle.
I have a Kubota B2710 and it has limited electronics and pollution control.
Big ditto on the manual transmission for what OP describes. Also cheaper than any of the other transmission types, especially HST. And if it ever needs work, chances are you can figure it out yourself. Other transmission types add considerable complexity when you're trying to debug problems. HST is really a PITA for constant ground engaging, unless you have a cruise control that really works and can be set where you want it. Even for constant bush hogging I find HST a pain because I can never get the cruise set exactly at the speed I want so I end up with my foot going numb because I have to hold the pedal for hours.