Advice on 6' mower to replace King Kutter

/ Advice on 6' mower to replace King Kutter #1  

OrtisEvans

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Farnall Cub, Kubota B2100
My 25 yo KingKutter 6' 3pt hitch finish mower is getting old. I'd like to replace it with a similar unit. I mow about 12 acres with it, mostly lawn-like, but it does get a bit tall at times.
Looking at review, it seems like the CountyLine stuff is quite light duty.

A 4-wheel deck is probably best since the hydraulics on my 1954 NAA are not as steady as I would think they need to be for a rotary cutter type. But, I could be wrong.

Any advice?

/ Advice on 6' mower to replace King Kutter #2  
County line 6 ft does fine
20230812_114325.jpg

/ Advice on 6' mower to replace King Kutter #3  
I see used 6’ finish mowers for sale on marketplace for very reasonable prices,
Would be worth a look…

/ Advice on 6' mower to replace King Kutter #4  
County line 6 ft does fine
I wish I could say the same for mine. Oh, I guess it cuts fine but I don't expect it last very long. It can't support its own weight on the back wheel. It bows the deck from lack of support. The document holder fell off the first day. I had to modify it to be able to use it with my QH. The paint peels off it you look at it twice. The rear is bent out from just mowing high grass--I've never hit anything with it since my old Ford rotary help me clear that stuff. I will not buy another Country Line product.

I hope you do well with yours. ;)

/ Advice on 6' mower to replace King Kutter #5  
finish mowers are generally light duty & not designed to cut tall grass. just check the specs of each unit you consider. (just look at the deck depth of finish vs regular duty brush hog to see the difference) if you want to reduce annual mowings, consider regular duty size brush hog if your tractor can handle the added wt.
my observation is that many finish mower operators push their units for use that it is not designed, wearing out seals, deck, shafts, etc. good luck

Last edited:
   / Advice on 6' mower to replace King Kutter #6  
Befco C50RD is a nice mower. I need to either patch my Befco or replace it. Cost of new is good bit. Auction prices are about 1/5 to 1/6 of new.

/ Advice on 6' mower to replace King Kutter #7  
I wish I could say the same for mine. Oh, I guess it cuts fine but I don't expect it last very long. It can't support its own weight on the back wheel. It bows the deck from lack of support. The document holder fell off the first day. I had to modify it to be able to use it with my QH. The paint peels off it you look at it twice. The rear is bent out from just mowing high grass--I've never hit anything with it since my old Ford rotary help me clear that stuff. I will not buy another Country Line product.

I hope you do well with yours. ;)
Sorry to hear..mine is an older one it has had issues

/ Advice on 6' mower to replace King Kutter #8  
   / Advice on 6' mower to replace King Kutter
Thanks everyone.
Does anyone know if CountyLine and King Kutter are the same? I know that TSC has gone to CountyLine, but I don't know if that is a degraded unit for TSC or what.

/ Advice on 6' mower to replace King Kutter #10  
A 4-wheel deck is probably best since the hydraulics on my 1954 NAA are not as steady as I would think they need to be for a rotary cutter type. But, I could be wrong.

You're out there mowing 12 acres with a 1954 Ford NAA?

Very cool. Upload some pics if you get time.