Buying Advice Advice on Bobcat CT225 2010

/ Advice on Bobcat CT225 2010 #1  

SJay

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225 Tractor, John Deere 4x2 Gator, Husqvarna Zero Turn, John Deere Buck 650 ATV
I am looking at a Bobcat CT225 with loader. They are asking $9,850.00 for it, has 415 hours on it, was used at a Bobcat dealership (rental and yard maintance). It has the hydro pedal that does not want to return to the center position. I read the thread on that problem. Did any one find a solution other than a new HST? Any long term problem if the pedal isn't corrected? Is the pricing good on the tractor? They actual said they are going to fix the HST pedal problem. :) They are going to let me demo it for a few days next week. Anything else to look for? Any longer term owners want to chime in:thumbsup:

Thanks

/ Advice on Bobcat CT225 2010 #2  
The fix for the non returning pedal, is to tap the reverse pedal....

/ Advice on Bobcat CT225 2010 #3  
I have a ct225. The problem seems to come and go. when I notice it, I make sure it is lubricated and work it a while. Fine after that. i would not worry about it. I have 1300 hours on mine.

/ Advice on Bobcat CT225 2010 #4  
It may be a simple lubrication issue, or weak springs. I doubt if it is anything more serious. Kubotas have one or more grease zerks on the HST pedal shafts.

/ Advice on Bobcat CT225 2010 #5  
I love my CT 225 best tractor I ever had and i have had many. Price sounds fantastic if the tractors in decent shape and they fix or warranty any issues with that Hydro pedal. I have not had any of the Hydro problems as of yet and I have a little over 200 hours.

/ Advice on Bobcat CT225 2010
Just for clarity - the CT225 is a 2010 Model

/ Advice on Bobcat CT225 2010 #7  
The HST pedal is an easy minor fix. The price is very good. As long as it's not that beat up I'd say it's a good deal. Equivalent to the Kioti CK25, great little tractor. Year of manufacture isn't really a concern like with cars, hours are what matter.

/ Advice on Bobcat CT225 2010 #8  
Mine's a 2011. It has never completely returned to center even since new. I just got used to bringing it to neutral with my heel or toe. It's not a big deal.

..now if you're saying it stays at whatever position you leave it, that would concern me.... mine will come 90% of the way back to neutral and will creep.

Last edited:
   / Advice on Bobcat CT225 2010
I will really test out the HST pedal when they drop it off for the demo - anything else to look for? Thanks for the help.

/ Advice on Bobcat CT225 2010 #10  
I will really test out the HST pedal when they drop it off for the demo - anything else to look for? Thanks for the help.

Corrosion around the battery terminals and battery tray.

All the filters should have been changed on the hydro ( 2 )

This unit might have the previous generation of loader on it, which had some issues with cracking in the cross member between the loader arms.

Other than that...