Advice on converting pin on bucket to SSQA

/ Advice on converting pin on bucket to SSQA #1  

CJHL

Tractor
Kubota B2650, John Deere 5103
Looking for some thoughts/advice on my upcoming project. I have a 60" pin on bucket for my Kubota b2650 that I got to use while I was waiting for my SSQA setup to come in last year when I got the tractor. Due to COVID, The SSQA bracket wasn't available so my dealer delivered the tractor with a 60" pin on for me to use until everything came in. It took like 3 months after initial delivery for everything to be in my hands, but I have it all now. Only dumb thing I did was order the machine with the 54" ssqa bucket instead of the 60" I used the 60" pin on to move roughly 125 yards of topsoil with no issues at all. I kind of felt bad about using the 60 which was new when I got it and giving it back to them in used condition, but it was their suggestion, so I guess they were OK with it. I offered to buy it and figured it would be nice to have both sizes for some reason. $250 seemed like a decent buy for a new/used bucket that was only used by me. Now I didn't realize just how much I would like the whole quick attach setup. I figured on just switching between the 54 and 60 whenever I felt like it. Now I also see that isn't exactly a 30 second job. So this brings me to my question. I have already seen projects where people have cut the pin on mounts off and welded on the adapter plate. I am not questioning that part, what I would like to know is whether or not I should get a full plate or go with one of the cut-out versions. The cut-out ones are about 20 or so pounds lighter than the solid plates, so that would be a plus in my book. I would think the cut-out one is what I would likely go with, but looking for real world experiences from guys that have been down this road before. I just got a 1/4" plate that is a solid piece for my snowplow project that I have to get started on, and it came from palletforks.com Looks like good quality and price was right. They have a 5/16" cutout version that is under $100 and is right around 50# so I am thinking that will probably be the route I will go unless anyone thinks that isn't the best way. Thanks in advance for any thoughts and advice.

/ Advice on converting pin on bucket to SSQA #2  
Go with the cut-out version. No need to add unnecessary weight.

/ Advice on converting pin on bucket to SSQA #3  
Really not that much of a difference in bucket size to have 2 buckets in my eyes....But if that's what you want go with the cut out plate..And maybe put teeth on one bucket..

/ Advice on converting pin on bucket to SSQA #4  
Looking for some thoughts/advice on my upcoming project. I have a 60" pin on bucket for my Kubota b2650 that I got to use while I was waiting for my SSQA setup to come in last year when I got the tractor.

Due to COVID, The SSQA bracket wasn't available so my dealer delivered the tractor with a 60" pin on for me to use until everything came in. It took like 3 months after initial delivery for everything to be in my hands, but I have it all now. Only dumb thing I did was order the machine with the 54" ssqa bucket instead of the 60"

I used the 60" pin on to move roughly 125 yards of topsoil with no issues at all. I kind of felt bad about using the 60 which was new when I got it and giving it back to them in used condition, but it was their suggestion, so I guess they were OK with it. I offered to buy it and figured it would be nice to have both sizes for some reason. $250 seemed like a decent buy for a new/used bucket that was only used by me. Now I didn't realize just how much I would like the whole quick attach setup. I figured on just switching between the 54 and 60 whenever I felt like it. Now I also see that isn't exactly a 30 second job. So this brings me to my question.

I have already seen projects where people have cut the pin on mounts off and welded on the adapter plate. I am not questioning that part, what I would like to know is whether or not I should get a full plate or go with one of the cut-out versions. The cut-out ones are about 20 or so pounds lighter than the solid plates, so that would be a plus in my book. I would think the cut-out one is what I would likely go with, but looking for real world experiences from guys that have been down this road before.

I just got a 1/4" plate that is a solid piece for my snowplow project that I have to get started on, and it came from palletforks.com Looks like good quality and price was right. They have a 5/16" cutout version that is under $100 and is right around 50# so I am thinking that will probably be the route I will go unless anyone thinks that isn't the best way.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and advice.

Anti-Wall of Text post.

/ Advice on converting pin on bucket to SSQA #5  
Question on the SSQA with the cutout plates: Are there any issues with the tilt cylinders not synchronized?

Edit: Unsynchronized at least until the attachment is installed.

Last edited:
   / Advice on converting pin on bucket to SSQA #6  
Originally Posted by CJHL
Looking for some thoughts/advice on my upcoming project. I have a 60" pin on bucket for my Kubota b2650 that I got to use while I was waiting for my SSQA setup to come in last year when I got the tractor.

Due to COVID, The SSQA bracket wasn't available so my dealer delivered the tractor with a 60" pin on for me to use until everything came in. It took like 3 months after initial delivery for everything to be in my hands, but I have it all now. Only dumb thing I did was order the machine with the 54" ssqa bucket instead of the 60"

I used the 60" pin on to move roughly 125 yards of topsoil with no issues at all. I kind of felt bad about using the 60 which was new when I got it and giving it back to them in used condition, but it was their suggestion, so I guess they were OK with it. I offered to buy it and figured it would be nice to have both sizes for some reason. $250 seemed like a decent buy for a new/used bucket that was only used by me. Now I didn't realize just how much I would like the whole quick attach setup. I figured on just switching between the 54 and 60 whenever I felt like it. Now I also see that isn't exactly a 30 second job. So this brings me to my question.

I have already seen projects where people have cut the pin on mounts off and welded on the adapter plate. I am not questioning that part, what I would like to know is whether or not I should get a full plate or go with one of the cut-out versions. The cut-out ones are about 20 or so pounds lighter than the solid plates, so that would be a plus in my book. I would think the cut-out one is what I would likely go with, but looking for real world experiences from guys that have been down this road before.

I just got a 1/4" plate that is a solid piece for my snowplow project that I have to get started on, and it came from palletforks.com Looks like good quality and price was right. They have a 5/16" cutout version that is under $100 and is right around 50# so I am thinking that will probably be the route I will go unless anyone thinks that isn't the best way.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and advice.

Anti-Wall of Text post.

Yep, much easier to read with paragraphs blue t u.png

/ Advice on converting pin on bucket to SSQA #7  
Question on the SSQA with the cutout plates: Are there any issues with the tilt cylinders not synchronized?

Edit: Unsynchronized at least until the attachment is installed.

My Kubota L2501 has a tube between the two sides so the cylinders stay in sync. I try not to move them any more than absolutely necessary though.

/ Advice on converting pin on bucket to SSQA #8  
My Kubota L2501 has a tube between the two sides so the cylinders stay in sync. I try not to move them any more than absolutely necessary though.

Is there a concern about twisting the tube? I don't understand as there shouldn't be much load on it just to synchronize the tilt cylinders.

/ Advice on converting pin on bucket to SSQA #9  
Is there a concern about twisting the tube? I don't understand as there shouldn't be much load on it just to synchronize the tilt cylinders.

To be clear it's a welded in tube to keep them in sync. They can get out of sync without it as each one has a different resistance or could have. I converted my L2850 to SSQA and they would get off if you had to move them too far to line up into another attachment.