Advice on Turf Tires for a Ford/NH 1720

/ Advice on Turf Tires for a Ford/NH 1720
Thank you NEKVT, I was hoping to hear from somebody using diamond treads.
I was a bit afraid I would hear chains were mandatory if the grass was wet, not totally unexpected though:(.
I'm thinking my best bet would be to hold off for a tread pattern similar to what I would find on the original turfs (sort of like a lawn mower tread) and wait for 90cummins recommendation on front tires. Though I may have to buy some custom wheels from Unverferth.

/ Advice on Turf Tires for a Ford/NH 1720 #12  
I have a 1710 with R4s on the front and Diamond treat on the rear. I have been running it like that for twenty years and it works great. the only thing I have to be careful of is if I have something heavy on the back and then lift something with the FEL - I can feel a little driveline bind otherwise there is enough slippage that it is not a problem.

/ Advice on Turf Tires for a Ford/NH 1720 #13  
72RR,
I have a set tires and rims off the front of a 1710 I'd be willing to part with. The tires hold air but there is very little tread left. The rims are in excellent shape. No rust or corrosion. Tires have never been loaded as far as I know. The tire size is 27x8.50x15.

/ Advice on Turf Tires for a Ford/NH 1720
pm sent Warrior
I appreciate it shaley, first I'd have to locate the proper rims though

/ Advice on Turf Tires for a Ford/NH 1720 #16  
I don't want to hijack this thread but I have a New Holland 1920 and wanted to put turf tires on it and would like to know what type/brand and size would work on my tractor. I currently have ag tires on it and it is 4x4. Also if rims and tires are necessary, I would appreciate the rim size/type also. Again...sorry for hijacking this thread.

/ Advice on Turf Tires for a Ford/NH 1720 #17  
Your manual should have the tire sizes for turf. If no manual New Holland (Ag option) or Messick's web site should be able to tell you the tire size. There is a good chance you will need different rims for the different tire aspect.

/ Advice on Turf Tires for a Ford/NH 1720 #18  
May I suggest R4's up front and turfs in the rear. I am running my 1710 this way and I get much more traction in the front than with turfs and I can drive it on my lawn with FEL loaded and not have tear-up unless it is very wet. It is a nice compromise between the two. Sometimes when the rears don't want to get a trailer started or something like that the fronts with the extra bite really help.

My understanding is the turfs on the rear will cause new wheels from Ags.