Advice on using existing connections

/ Advice on using existing connections #1  

lacasmi117

Tractor
Kubota B2301
My B2301 usually has a backhoe on it in the summer, but this winter I installed a snowblower on the 3pt hitch. I would like to be able to control the chute rotation and height control (the SB has already the hydraulics). My question is how can I use the existing connections, currently with the BH removed, the Yellow PB is connected to the Red Outlet and the Tank hose that usually is connected to the BH is just inserted in a holder. I would like to use a 2-Spool Joystick Directional Control Valve specs below, my question is can I connect the Red outlet to the valve P and the Yellow PB to the T? Will this work?

Valve Specs:
FEATURES: • Standard 3-position, 4-way/spring return to neutral from either work position • Open centre • Max.return line pressure:1,100psi • Relief valve pre-set@2,100psi, adjustable from 1,500psi to 3,750psi • Max. continuous pressure: 3,600psi • Max. peak pressure: 4,700psi • Max. continuous flow: 15GPM • Peak flow: 16.5GPM • Port: T2 Port is SAE#10 others SAE#8 • Straight lever: 7:08in. (length)

/ Advice on using existing connections #2  
You would want a valve that has PB capability with PB sleeve installed. Then you could connect the yellow PB to the power in of the new valve. PB of new valve to red outlet and Tank from new valve to tank hose that normally connects to the backhoe.

Hope that helps.

/ Advice on using existing connections #3  
IN theory the hose from PB valve (valve in series ahead of BH Valve) should connect to the P fitting of new valve and the Tank line for new valve should use the same line for "tank" as BH valve ...

Main loop of hydraulics for "new valve" should be exactly same as for BH valve...

/ Advice on using existing connections #4  
So how many hoses normally connect your backhoe? 2 or 3.

Not sure I follow what the "yellow pb hose" is connected to when you say red outlet

Normally a backhoe is just 2 hoses and when the backhoe is disconnected....those two hoses hook to each other

You cannot use that for an auxillary valve. You need to have THREE hoses going to a new valve and not two.

Manufactures get away with it for a backhoe attachment....because the backhoe return is what feeds the 3ph....which cannot be used when the backhoe is on.

When the backhoe is off....and you insert a new valve in the system....you can now use both and it becomes a problem if not plumbed right

Whatever hose is supplying the backhoe (usually coming out of your loader valve from a port marked pb)....that hose needs to supply the new valve P port

Whatever hose feeds the inlet to your 3ph needs to come out of the new valves PB port (with appropriate pb cartridge installed).

And the third hose needs to go from the new valve T port back to a tank line on the tractor.

This is simple if your backhoe DOES hook up with 3 hoses

If you backhoe hooks up with two hoses....you need to add the tank hose

/ Advice on using existing connections

Not sure I follow what the "yellow pb hose" is connected to when you say red outlet

Normally a backhoe is just 2 hoses and when the backhoe is disconnected....those two hoses hook to each other

You cannot use that for an auxillary valve. You need to have THREE hoses going to a new valve and not two.

Manufactures get away with it for a backhoe attachment....because the backhoe return is what feeds the 3ph....which cannot be used when the backhoe is on.

When the backhoe is off....and you insert a new valve in the system....you can now use both and it becomes a problem if not plumbed right

Whatever hose is supplying the backhoe (usually coming out of your loader valve from a port marked pb)....that hose needs to supply the new valve P port

Whatever hose feeds the inlet to your 3ph needs to come out of the new valves PB port (with appropriate pb cartridge installed).

And the third hose needs to go from the new valve T port back to a tank line on the tractor.

Thank you, yes the BH has 3 Hoses. I was just using the color code that Kobota uses on this hoses. I have now gotten a valve that has PB option, therefore will connect as you instructed.

1644372948396.png

/ Advice on using existing connections #6  

Your point:

It all depends on where the Backhoe valve is in relation to the relief valve.

On some machines the BH valve is fed first in line from the pump. The BH valve then needs a tank port for its relief valve to discharge to. The backhoe valve PB port feeds the front of the tractor.

It is an unusual setup which I normally see on smaller TLB machines. Perhaps it gives improved BH performance.

Dave M7040