After market FEL Snow Plows?

/ After market FEL Snow Plows? #1  

CJBOTA

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620 & MX5100
OK, I checked out the impressive do it yourself FEL snow plow projects. I don't have the time, equipment, friends, or skill to build my own. Does any body sell an out of the box system I can easily attach to a Kubota MX5100 FEL? I can handle a cople hoses or a simple mounting plate but no weldments.
I will only be using this on my drive so I am not worried about damaging the loader arms. I know Myers is buiding a simple driveway plow for Cub Cadet that simply mounts to a 2" receiver for around $3000. (for ATV"s)

/ After market FEL Snow Plows? #2  
If you have the SSQA on your FEL. then pretty much all the plow manufacturers make a version that will work. You would need to do something for hydraulic angling, if you get that option. Either use rear remotes plumbed up to the front or a third function valve on the FEL. If you have one or the other, that would be your easiest option.

These are not too hard to find used either (at least around here). CL is your friend.

edit:
Here's Meyers page for skid steers:
http://www.meyerproducts.com/plows/skidsteer.aspx

If you click plows at the top, they have a billion options. I'm sure they have one that works with a pin-on style FEL too, if that is what you need.

/ After market FEL Snow Plows? #3  
Look on ebay, there are a bunch of different options.
Tom

/ After market FEL Snow Plows? #4  
Hiya,

Curtis snowplow company makes loadermount plows with JD or skid steer quickattach mounting. I have one of their setups, very high quality and no issues for going on 5 years.

Tom

/ After market FEL Snow Plows? #5  
Hiya,

Curtis snowplow company makes loadermount plows with JD or skid steer quickattach mounting. I have one of their setups, very high quality and no issues for going on 5 years.

Tom

How much did that plow cost you, Tom?

Deere also sells a FEL mounted plow which can be manual or hydraulic. Like any Deere product, it's pricey.

/ After market FEL Snow Plows? #6  

Attachments

• 0106102054b.jpg
    0106102054b.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 386
   / After market FEL Snow Plows? #7  
Michigan Iron and Equipment.

I bought one of their back hoe thumbs and it's extremely well built. They can also supply you with all the hydraulic hoses and valves you need to angle your plow.

www.michiganironandequip.com

I was able to find a used plow on craigslist. I already had the hydraulics on my tractor for the 4 in 1 bucket. I just had to replace one cyclinder to get the plow to work.

Marc

/ After market FEL Snow Plows? #8  
Unless you really want new, it would pay to buy a cheap used plow. If you do not want to do the modifying yourself, pay someone to do it for you. It is pretty easy to find a plow for $200 or less without a truck frame.

Ken

/ After market FEL Snow Plows? #10  
I have a Curtis 7.5 power angle plow.

The blade itself is plenty good but I am not overall pleased with the QA attachment structure.

I have had to significantly reinforce (weld) heavier plate onto several areas due to large fractures.

If I do it again, I am going to examine the Horst (HLA Snow) 3000 series.

Attachments

• Feb 10 2006 013.jpg
    Feb 10 2006 013.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 432