After service

/ After service #1  

Acethe3rd

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1533
I sent my 1538 Mahindra to be serviced. They have had a lot of guys quit the dealership and they are working at another dealership. I get my tractor delivered after 3 weeks and it wouldn’t crank. I checked everything, nothing. Then it tried but no crank. I primed the new spin on filter and it cranked but it didn’t sound like my tractor. I check around the tractor and the left panel is off. I call and they tell me that they found it and forgot to put it back on the tractor so I try to convince myself that it doesn’t sound right because the panel was off. I drove it, not working on anything just driving it in the pasture and it wasn’t right. I parked it and a few days later I see fuel dripping off of the frame. It was coming from the spin on fuel filter. I go to unplug it and the plug fell off and into my hand. I am ticked! I snip the plug off of the wire and unscrew the water sensor and take both to the dealership. They sell me a plug that goes into the sensor but on the other end is another plug. A pigtail. I don’t have a plug on my tractor it is a wire. I am attaching pictures. You can see in the pictures the yellow thing is missing from the old plug and the wires are broken that plugs into the spin on filter. The owner told me to give them a while because everyone is learning. Then he was at the dealership now owned by his son and they have been rude to me. But give them time? They had the tractor 3 weeks. Stood me up the first day of picking it up and call the next morning and say they are on their way. Then they tell me they will have the tractor fixed and returned in another say. Nope. Didn’t happen. How about another week and I had to call them. I have never gone through this with them before. Well whoever is teaching these new people need to be right beside the newbies while they work on tractors. I have always been treated with respect and my tractor came back as good as new. Not this time! And this is one time too many. Two different friends went up there to buy them a new tractor and no one even came to wait on them. They left and both bought Kabota’s. Does anyone know how to get this connected so I can be up and running again without dealing with these jerks? Thank you!

Attachments

• 1E863871-AB6A-4C46-997F-67EE79D6DE8C.jpeg
    1E863871-AB6A-4C46-997F-67EE79D6DE8C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 88
  • 2850B12A-C0E3-4D99-9D35-DF01A98A30B0.jpeg
    2850B12A-C0E3-4D99-9D35-DF01A98A30B0.jpeg
    582.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 16F58A52-C651-44B2-89DD-C72554531F14.jpeg
    16F58A52-C651-44B2-89DD-C72554531F14.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
   / After service #2  
Just splice the new plug to your wiring harness. The plug you cut shows you how the wires should go. Colors may different but the position of each wire needs to be as before. Of course test fit the plug first.

/ After service #3  
What I would do is to expose several inches of the original wires from the tractor, it looks like they are red/black, gray? and black. Then cut off the unnecessary plug from your new part leaving those wires long as (you can cut them shorter later) and splice them in to the tractor harness wiring. I'm thinking pink to red/black, blue/black to gray? and black to black using small wire nuts. If it tests out ok then you can trim excess wire and solder the connections. They have heat shrink solder connectors nowadays.

Good luck!

/ After service
Thank you Mwayne and Eagle1. I found my mechanics at another dealership. They were tired of being screamed at and quit the Mahindra dealership. The Both of them. I called and asked if they could fix my tractor. Yes. So, they spliced the wire, plugged in fuel filter, bled the lines and now the tractor will not crank. One of the guys called today and told me the computer wasn’t showing the problem but he really thinks it is wiring. He thought it was wiring before they put it on the computer. Now it is either the EUC or wiring harness. And without knowing we have an expensive problem because each of those cost close to $1000.00 a piece. He said he has changed out a lot of wiring harnesses because rats chewed through them but it always helped when he could see the evidence or rats. He said they can’t find anything. I told him to hold up because I may can fing them cheaper online but it still makes me wonder if there is something simple. Like a fuse under the dash, or maybe I am hoping it is. I checked Bill’s tractor and EUC is actually more for the 1538 than the mechanic can get them for. Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you.