Aftermarket 3 Point hitch system?

/ Aftermarket 3 Point hitch system? #2  
It only picks 250lbs. It also seems to be aimed at only their own receiver implements.

I mean, the amount of people, even people with land and animals, that are still unwilling to buy a tractor but that will happily buy an ATV/UTV then try to rig it to work like a tractor baffles me constantly, so I think they definitely have a market.

I don't think it's the best idea ever, and you could buy a lot of tractor for the cost of the UTV(Kubota's smallest "full size" RTV costs almost as much as a BX with FEL and MMM) and a nice implement for the price of this gizmo. But we're definitely not the market for it. It's aimed squarely at the "good enough" crowd.

/ Aftermarket 3 Point hitch system? #3  
Let's face it, there are a lot more ATV's and UTV's our there than tractors, so the market is significant. If someone already has a UTV, this is not a huge expense to increase its usefulness. For most people, a UTV is an easier purchase to justify as it will carry another person (or two) for fun riding on trails, and it can do a bit of work with the dump bed. Easy to add a light duty snow blade etc.

And people like toys. Look at how many folks here with a tractor have a UTV as well. I cannot think of anything a UTV can do that a tractor cannot do (besides trail ride, carry a passenger or go faster) and yet many justify both.

/ Aftermarket 3 Point hitch system? #4  
And people like toys. Look at how many folks here with a tractor have a UTV as well. I cannot think of anything a UTV can do that a tractor cannot do (besides trail ride, carry a passenger or go faster) and yet many justify both.

Exactly. Carry a passenger, go faster, and fit in a smaller "garage." That's why we have both. We use the Mule almost daily, and the tractor a couple of times a month. But when we need a tractor, we would never consider the Mule a substitute for it. Like dealing with this:
Dec-11-pm-lower-drive-befor.jpg

/ Aftermarket 3 Point hitch system?
Let's face it, there are a lot more ATV's and UTV's our there than tractors, so the market is significant. If someone already has a UTV, this is not a huge expense to increase its usefulness. For most people, a UTV is an easier purchase to justify as it will carry another person (or two) for fun riding on trails, and it can do a bit of work with the dump bed. Easy to add a light duty snow blade etc.

I guess you are correct. Maybe 50% of our neighbors do not have tractors.
They usually have several ATV's UTV's, Snowmobiles, HD Pickups, boats, bikes and barns and garages filled with power equipment, but no (real) tractors. Plus you see them trying to do yard work projects with, ATV carts, wheelbarrows, and rakes, & shovels.

/ Aftermarket 3 Point hitch system? #6  
The blade and spring tooth could be okay , I guess , But that ripper ??? I have a home made 8 tooth with 16" shanks , that I pull behind My TC 30 4 wheel drive . If not careful and paying very close attention , It can grab Big things , As in REAL BIG things , under ground and it tries to bring the front end right up off the ground . That is in low range at a crawl , thus not sure " how slow " a RTV vehicle can go , were a operator could get in serious trouble .
Do like the electric lift and lower and I would think that one could adapt many implement type items to a receiver type rather than 3 point . Especially lighter duty , economy implements that don't have the usual weight of standard implements .

Fred H.

/ Aftermarket 3 Point hitch system? #7  
It's not that bad of an idea. Plus it states that it's specifically a Cat 0 and for ATV/UTVs. The real problem is finding the Cat 0 implements.

A fair number of small acreage/hobby farmers are using their ATV in lieu of tractor and implements are being sold to to do light work.

Last year at the local Field Days (Agfest) a company was demonstrating an ATV towed cultivator/seeder/roller for working small paddocks. I was quite impressed.

/ Aftermarket 3 Point hitch system?
Implements a on an ATV, naw. But I bet they would pull an aerator well