Price Check AGCO tractor price good/bad?????

/ AGCO tractor price good/bad????? #1  

F350Lawman

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 790
My buddy just priced an Agco ST25, hydro, w/ FEL, turfs,60" rear finish mower and a back blade for 15,500 out the door tax inc. Dealer is a good guy and local.

How's this sound? Sounded good to me but I am not that familar with AGCO prices.

Thanks in advance.

/ AGCO tractor price good/bad????? #2  
Seems like a very good price to me. I bought a Massey (almost same a ACGO except for color) HST 1233 with turf tires and 60" midmount mower back in 1998 for $15, 000. Although the massey had about 30 HP my price included no extras or FEL. It seems that your friend got an excellent price. Heck,, later I bought a 24HP Kubota B2410 HST with FEL and this cost a little over $16,000 about 3 years ago..

/ AGCO tractor price good/bad????? #3  
Lawman, I have been shopping the AGCO and MF tractors and very recently got a price on a new leftover 2002 ST25, hydro, 60"MMM, FEL and turf tires of 15900. I thought that was a little high. I also got a price at a different dealer, on a 2003 ST30x, gear trans, 60"MMM and FEL of 15750.

/ AGCO tractor price good/bad????? #4  
As an AGCO/Massey dealer I can say that is a great price.

/ AGCO tractor price good/bad????? #5  
OK then how does this price sound?

AGCO ST35X with AGCO loader, 4WD on R4s.
$14,247.50 tax included.

So far it has been the best price I have seen for a tractor that size.

The Massey 1433V, loader and R4s was $16,912.50

/ AGCO tractor price good/bad?????
Thanks for the advice guys I will pass it on to my friend. I thought it was pretty good.

I almost bought an ST30X with FEL and rotary cutter for 15,900 from the same dealer. I really liked the dealer but the JD dealer sold me a 790 for 14,900. Both the tractors seemed very close in specs and features, I actually felt a little bad cause the dealer seemed very good.

My friend is awaiting final approval from the CFO...err, I mean wife /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

P.S. one other swaying factor in my decision, my CFO okayed the GREEN machine /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

OK then how does this price sound?

AGCO ST35X with AGCO loader, 4WD on R4s.
$14,247.50 tax included.

Very good, for me that is. I would have JUMPED on that. I think that's more machine than my buddy wants and he also wants hydro. His uses will be 5-6 acres of grass with the mower and light FEL yard work. He wants small for cutting around the house. He probably will add a PHD to the tractor as well.

If he buys it perhaps I can swap my brush hog so he can do the property edges in exchange for his PHD once or twice a season. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ AGCO tractor price good/bad????? #8  
I will probably pull the trigger on the AGCO unless somebody else can do better. I am not a big hydro fan, plus they drive the cost up. I like the size and and the layout of the tractor.

I have no real need or desire for hydro myself it would have to be a standard feature for me to go for it on a tractor.

I really don't even think about shifting. I suppose if I did daily FEL work for hours on end I might crave the auto.