Aging..

/ Aging.. #11  
drssg - that is the exact same way I feel about mowing my lawns. It becomes more than fun - if I mow it all at one go. I usually divided it into thirds. By the time I've mowed one third - I have a "dirt tan" from mowing grass and pocket gopher mounds.

Same with plowing snow on my mile long gravel driveway. I've only plowed it ONCE in the last three winters. We haven't had a descent snow in the last five years. Besides it's a lot more fun making a "track" all the way - with the Taco Wagon. That's one of the reasons I got the big heavy beast. 2019 Ram Power Wagon - 7540#.

That is one of the joys of being retired. Doing what you enjoy - until you aren't having fun any more.

/ Aging.. #12  
1659516069277.png

/ Aging.. #13  
My mother is 85, and mowed her lawn until last year, when the 1996 Simplicity started giving problems. She bought a new JD this year which my brother picked out for her, but I doubt she will ever use it... she enjoyed doing it but it really wiped her out. My brother goes down and mows her lawn and tends to other things as needed... I also am willing to do my turn, so we will keep it taken care of.

/ Aging.. #14  
My mother is 85, and mowed her lawn until last year, when the 1996 Simplicity started giving problems. She bought a new JD this year which my brother picked out for her, but I doubt she will ever use it... she enjoyed doing it but it really wiped her out. My brother goes down and mows her lawn and tends to other things as needed... I also am willing to do my turn, so we will keep it taken care of.
Mine is still going at 94, maybe not as strong as she once was but's still in better shape than many 70 year olds. I don't think she mows her lawn anymore but she will still snowblow her driveway if it's not too big a storm. With the exception of her sister who died in her early 50s, all the women on her side made it well into their 90s, a couple of her aunts passed 100.
She does have a neighborhood handyman for the stuff she's unable to do. My sisters and I help when we can, but we all live 3+ hr. away.

/ Aging.. #16  
My mother is 88 and still mows a couple acres. I talked to a 90 year old guy a couple days ago and he said old age is not for wimps.

/ Aging.. #18  
I was 68 years old when I started mowing 20 acres this morning with the little L2550.
Finished this afternoon and I think I am 70 now...
Those numbers don't mean much --- unless you added "I think I am 70 and feel like I am 80. Or It is dark now and I am still waiting for someone to help me get down from the tractor!

/ Aging.. #20  
I went from a craftsman riding mower for 2 acres to a kubota diesel zero turn and my mow time went from 2 hours to 20 minutes. That's about 5 hours of my life back a month. Although, I enjoy mowing, so it's a bit of a wash.