Agrital Hard Cab for MX5100

/ Agrital Hard Cab for MX5100 #1  

Kyle241

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
So like many, I am getting tired of getting cold and wet when blowing my drive. I have a 2011 MX5100 that I love and it痴 my second Kubota. I just received a quote for a hard cab for $4k FOB US. Adding a heater and lights will add another $600-700. Seems like a decent price albeit it痴 not like the factory cabs of course but those are extremely pricey. I found a gentleman would added it to his Mx5100 and he seemed very happy. Anyone else purchased one? They are made in Italy and take 8 days to construct but up to 20 days to arrive after due to coming over by ship.

Tks.

/ Agrital Hard Cab for MX5100 #2  
I'm not familiar with those cabs, but have a couple suggestions in general from experience.

Get the heater. Especially for nights or cloudy weather.

Real glass is a plus. There are wonderplastics out there but none resist scratches and discoloration better than glass.

Without A/C, easily removed doors or big windows that swing open will be something you appreciate. Otherwise it's like driving a solar panel when the sun comes out. I've sweltered a few times in the home-built cab on the L3200 on a sunny Winter day, and have opened windows or even used the A/C on the L4240. The doors on the L3200 do lift off easily but there isn't always a safe spot to set them.

Oh, and one caution. After you get the cab for cold weather use and realize how much nicer it is, your attention may be drawn to how uncomfortable you are on hot Summer days and you'll want A/C:)

/ Agrital Hard Cab for MX5100
Thanks Chim. All good points to consider. If I had the welding experience, I would look at making my own.