Ah [censored], winter's back

/ Ah [censored], winter's back #11  
Re: Ah [censored], winter\'s back

Yea I was thinking about going on sunday but depending on this storm I don't know. I have to take cattle to a sale on saturday am and some horses to a sale in the afternoon.

/ Ah [censored], winter's back #12  

Cowboydoc

Hey, send some pictures of snow. I'm far enough north of Detroit that the storm is going right past me. All we've got is a few crusty patches here and there in the lawns. We've almost forgotten what the white stuff looks like. Weatherman started out warning of the storm and every day for the past several days has corrected the storm path farther and farther south.

SHF

/ Ah [censored], winter's back #13  

SHF,
I'll get some tomorrow with that building that another guy wanted to see. I'm not even venturing out until this thing is over. It's supposed to taper off tomorrow morning. Overall is supposed to be around a foot.

/ Ah [censored], winter's back #14  

I can certainly relate to what your saying. My new tractor was picked up by the dealer to day for some service. Listening to the weather report for this neck of the woods they say a winter storm is brewing with snow and freezing rain predicted for tomorrow through Friday.

Figures, it doesn't do much all winter and now we stand to get some snow. Went out and fired up the old Ford 8N, put it on the battery charger and attached the rear blade to it. No four wheel drive, but it will save on some shoveling.

Randy

/ Ah [censored], winter's back #15  

SAME HERE: weather was fine all week 53 sunday but going downhill as of today, abut 2in on ground now with a possible 8 overnight, but that is childs play for us. might even have fire up the bota/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. but BIRD ? DON'T U USUALLY START GARDENING ABOUT LATE FEB?

/ Ah [censored], winter's back

Well, in the beginning the weatherman said 18" total snowfall. Now it looks like maybe 10-12". Its about 10:00 PM and the snow has just changed over to sleat.

The Taurus had to be persuaded up the lane (the wife driving and me throwing handfuls of sand under the wheels) but we made it home. Hope everyone else made it home safe too.

/ Ah [censored], winter's back #17  

Pks,
You sound way to happy,or maybe its just my old age dealing w/winter.

You want deep snow w/icing to get some seat time /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif..man ole man we could have used you in 1998&2001 winters in these parts. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif
Have a grand time and stay safe out there.

/ Ah [censored], winter's back #18  

Our weather station said by day break this morning least one inch of snow...nothing yet /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif just stars and the moon.
This is the coldest morning since 1/18..16 degrees...brrrr,sure did /w3tcompact/icons/love.gif those high 30 to low 40 mornings.
Just couple more months..about the time when the Easter Bunny comes thru winter will be on a down hill slide...I hope.
Be careful when out and about today,for it looks to be real nasty.

/ Ah [censored], winter's back #19  

Supposed to be starting here, upper nh, around mid morning. Got 3-4 in. yesterday of the pebbly/grainy snow that is pretty slippery. As with most everyone else temps are dropping. 8.5 at sunrise.
Thomas you are definitely right that we still have more winter to go.
Hopefully for the people doing sugaring, it will be a better year than last year. The people around this area didn't have a very good year last year.
They will be tapping some of my trees again this year so at least I will get a taste.. Yum Yum.. Love the fresh stuff.

/ Ah [censored], winter's back #20  

Woke up this morning and it's snowing like crazy, about a 1/2 inch on the ground. Listened to the weatherman and he said it'll end by noon and maybe some light mix (snow/rain) by afternoon. Looks like the bulk of every thing is about 100 miles South of me.

SHF