Air in backhoe?

/ Air in backhoe? #1  

Joesark

Tractor
Mitsubishi MT2201D
I am putting a backhoe attachment on my tractor. The backhoe had tyranny fluid in it, so I cycled it out of the cylinders and then refilled them ss best I could. Blew out the lines. Now, when I hook the hydraulics up to the backhoe, not even the front end loader will work. Unhook the power line from the hoe and the loader works perfectly. Do I just need to try cycling everything for a couple of hours, or does this point to some other problem?

/ Air in backhoe? #2  
Did you add remotes to power the BH, or use existing? try disconnecting the BH cylinders one at a time & cycle the valve to fill the lines, then reconnect & go to next after topping off hydraulic tank.. Could be big air bubble or lack of power beyond sleeve if you tapped in to existing hydraulics.

/ Air in backhoe? #3  
Air in the lines and cylinders will eventually take care of itself. Revisit your plumbing/connections, explain (maybe even post some photos?) how and where you connected to the tractor hydraulics. Maybe your "nothing works" problem can be sorted out.

Just a guess, but I suspect you probably put a tee in a pressure line? That NEVER works.

/ Air in backhoe?
I did tee into the pressure line. What other method is available? I'm just a carpenter who dabbles in machines.

/ Air in backhoe? #5  
check out summit hydraulics website. They have schematics for adding remotes (& other stuff) & parts needed. Usually, you take the last hydraulic valve in your set-up, plumb into the power beyond port, then tee into the tank return line. Basically, you run everything in series.

/ Air in backhoe? #6  
You need your pressure flow through all valves plumbed in series (no tee), preferably in power beyond configuration. It's not all that complicated but it's not like 2 X 4's. You can't just nail things on wherever it's convenient.

Maybe do a little research on open center hydraulics, series plumbed control valves.

Again, some photos will help identify what you have and what you need.

/ Air in backhoe?
Here's the valve body. Power comes in on the right. Which is the power beyond port?

Attachments

• 20230516_193300.jpg
    20230516_193300.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
  • 20230516_193300.jpg
    20230516_193300.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
   / Air in backhoe? #8  
I can't tell enough from that photo. The pressure in port is USUALLY on the left, the same side as the relief valve. I don't see a relief valve in the photo. The power beyond sleeve should be on the opposite side, and will screw into one of the out ports, sometimes labeled N, but not always. Can depend on the make of the valve. As I see it now you have no operational power beyond right now. There should be three lines, not two, connecting the valve to the tractor hydraulics.

So what are you trying to accomplish, and how are you doing it? Show some photos of where on the tractor the lines on this valve are hooked up when the hydraulics (loader and three point) are working. Show us what you are trying to tie into this, and how are you doing that? Where are the lines you added, where do(did) they go?

/ Air in backhoe? #9  
Almost every hydraulic control is in series, from pump to power port (P) on first control valve, out of power beyond (PB) and in to "P" on next control valve and out at PB port into next "P" port and out "PB" to next "P" port and so on... Does not matter if you have 1 or 2 control valves or 10.... Its almost always a series arrangement in a open center system.... And if connected correctly system should be self purging of air after a few valve/ram cycles....

/ Air in backhoe? #10  
Here's the valve body. Power comes in on the right. Which is the power beyond port?
Look at valve body closely it may have a "P" designation on one port for Power in and a "PB" designation for Power Beyond for out port, and possible a "T" port for tank (design dependent) ...