All the luck

/ All the luck #1  

MESSMAKER

Veteran Member
Tractor
DK4710SE
The hood on my 4710 failed to shut after a radiator cleaning. Looks like two broken bushing mounts and a bent hydraulic support cylinder. The good news is my warranty ended the middle of June.

/ All the luck #3  
Try crossing some poison ivy and a four leaf clover...you'll get a rash of good luck...!

/ All the luck #4  
Those supports might be a generic part? Study the ends, diameter and OAL?

/ All the luck #5  
The hood on my 4710 failed to shut after a radiator cleaning. Looks like two broken bushing mounts and a bent hydraulic support cylinder. The good news is my warranty ended the middle of June.

Do you mean the gas spring that holds the hood up? Getting a replacement from McMaster will probably be cheaper than OEM.

/ All the luck #6  
Have you talked to your dealer? Sometimes they will comp something relatively minor this close to being out of warranty. Some will do it out of "good will".

/ All the luck #7  
Do you mean the gas spring that holds the hood up? Getting a replacement from McMaster will probably be cheaper than OEM.
Like I said...
In building wrecked cars I often bought generic struts for hoods or robbed them off of salvage vehicles. I also traded plastic ends around to repair them. Salvage yards don't inventory items like that but can be pricey bought as OE parts.

/ All the luck
I am at their mercy. I do some commercial mowing and it rained 9 days in June.I am about a week behind. Time is money. i just need it fixed ASAP.

/ All the luck
Got the hood fixed. Took it to the next job. Hit a chunk of concrete and knocked a hole in the oil pan. It was at the bottom of a steep hill so I had to winch it to the top of the hill with a standard wrecker so I could load it on a rollback. It has been quite a couple of weeks.

/ All the luck
Got it back with a shiny new oil pan. The hydro system is acting screwy now. Will this Hell never end?

Last edited: