almost ready

/ almost ready #1  

MyOutdoors

Tractor
Branson 3120
I narrowed my choice of tractors down to a ck30 hst or a branson 3120...both with fel & backhoes. the branson was at $26,800 but after looking at it yesterday it's been sitting near a main road collecting road dust and salt I guess. It looks like a slightly used demo with all the oxidation and rust.

I asked the dealer for one in a crate or one without all the corrosion but it's their only one. I was hoping they would help out with a set of pallet forks or a box blade, but they're not interested.

Maybe I'm being picky but if I'm going to throw down the $$$ for a "new" tractor, it shouldn't be full of corroded bolts and condensation loaded in the lights. I really wishe we had another dealer closer to mass.

/ almost ready #2  
If the dealer acts this way to sell you a new tractor how will he act when you need some warranty or other work.
It may be worth telling him you are going to look elsewhere where the dealer provides good customer service.

/ almost ready #4  
I narrowed my choice of tractors down to a ck30 hst or a branson 3120...both with fel & backhoes. the branson was at $26,800 but after looking at it yesterday it's been sitting near a main road collecting road dust and salt I guess. It looks like a slightly used demo with all the oxidation and rust.

I asked the dealer for one in a crate or one without all the corrosion but it's their only one. I was hoping they would help out with a set of pallet forks or a box blade, but they're not interested.

Maybe I'm being picky but if I'm going to throw down the $$$ for a "new" tractor, it shouldn't be full of corroded bolts and condensation loaded in the lights. I really wishe we had another dealer closer to mass.

Plenty of tractors out there don't take the rusty one.

I figured out what I wanted, told the dealer up front I wanted a NEW tractor...not a demo, not a rental, not something that has been sitting outside for along time with weather damage...he ordered it and I waited a month and a half for delivery, new out of crate, 1 hour on the clock at delivery.

/ almost ready
It's a small daughter father dealer...very small. I would have bought it had the offered to throw in the forks or box blade. Oh well! Looks like I may take a harder look down in Georgia! I do all my own maintenance so unless something major breaks, I'll be fine. Im even starting to consider a bobcat now.

/ almost ready #6  
It's a small daughter father dealer...very small. I would have bought it had the offered to throw in the forks or box blade. Oh well! Looks like I may take a harder look down in Georgia! I do all my own maintenance so unless something major breaks, I'll be fine. Im even starting to consider a bobcat now.

I wouldn't take a 500.00 set of forks and pay full price for a rusty machine but that just me.

/ almost ready
They never even called me back! I ended up speaking with the gentleman down in Georgia but found the same type of package from a dealer in CT. The dealer down in CT was very nice to deal with and told me all his tractors are "fresh" and understood my frustration with buying a "corroded" "new" tractor. I'm not sure how dealers can stay in business long trying to sell equipment at those prices and that condition. This forum helped me save over $3,500!!! Thank you!