Alternative for remote controlled valve (cab setup)

/ Alternative for remote controlled valve (cab setup) #21  
If you install the grapple valve after the FEL, the FEL will have priority, and if the FEL is using all the fluid, the grapple valve will have none. As soon as you let off the FEL, then the grapple valve will operate.

The grapple valve can be time shared.

In an open center hyd system, all valves are in series, and the upstream has priority.

You could run a splitter circuit so the grapple always has say 20% fluid.

/ Alternative for remote controlled valve (cab setup)
If you install the grapple valve after the FEL, the FEL will have priority, and if the FEL is using all the fluid, the grapple valve will have none. As soon as you let off the FEL, then the grapple valve will operate.

The grapple valve can be time shared.

In an open center hyd system, all valves are in series, and the upstream has priority.

You could run a splitter circuit so the grapple always has say 20% fluid.

The grapple wouldn't be installed "after" the FEL.

If I look under the seat of the tractor at the "pumpkin" (or whatever it's called) - the hydraulic lines feeding the FEL valve - and the hydraulic lines feeding the backhoe circuit - are plumbed separately DIRECTLY into the "pumpkin".

I can sit on the tractor and operate the FEL - and the backhoe - at the same time.

It appears that the tractor's hydraulic system (unless there is something internal I am missing) - supplies the FEL circuit and the backhoe circuit simultaneously.

I would be taking the feed for my additional valves (grapple/side shift/motor) - from the backhoe circuit.

In understand what you mean about an open center circuit - but I believe that what I am dealing with on the B3200 is separate circuits.

/ Alternative for remote controlled valve (cab setup) #23  
If you remove the BH, do you have to jumper the hoses going to the BH?

Using the BH and the bucket at the same time, is not something you normally do. The bucket is down providing a secure footing.

I would be curious to see if you had full pressure and GPM's using both.

Does your valve block look anything like this?

Attachments

• kubota_hyd1 001.jpg
    kubota_hyd1 001.jpg
    776.1 KB · Views: 372

Using the BH and the bucket at the same time, is not something you normally do. The bucket is down providing a secure footing.

When I remove the backhoe I do have to jumper the hose back into the tractor. The manual specifically states not to run the tractor without the hose plugged back in or damage will result to the hydraulic pump. My assumption was that this means that the feed to the backhoe is coming directly from the pump and there is no pressure relief valve (the PRV(s) get removed when the backhoe is removed and it's valve block is no longer hooked up).

The FEL valve block and it's PRV(s) don't factor in - because the backhoe is on a separate circuit.

I realize using the backhoe and FEL are not something that would normally be done, and it didn't really dawn on me how to hook this up until I sat down and studied the tractor for a while one day. When I traced out the lines and saw where they all went - I started up the tractor and tried the experiment of moving the FEL and the backhoe at the same time. Seems to work. I can't really say whether things slow down if both are working - but I could try the experiment again.

I got a pressure gauge setup from McMaster Carr the other day - so I could plug into one of the FEL ports and try using both BH and FEL again and see if there is any loss of pressure with both things active.

I will try to take a picture of the block where all the hydraulic lines hook up. I guess it looks somewhat similar to the one in the pic you posted - but to my eye it doesn't look like a separate block - but more like the lines are going directly into rear transmission or "pumpkin" unit under the tractor seat. I assume that is where the differential, HST transmission , etc. are all located.

I took a closer look at the tractor - and there is a separate block under there. It doesn't look quite like the one in the attachment you posted - but it's definitely a separate block.

/ Alternative for remote controlled valve (cab setup) #26  
If you have your manual that came with the tractor, it will explain what each hose/plug does.

The reason for the jumper is so fluid can be passed on to the 3pt.

If you have QD's on the BH hose and they come separated, the closed up QD will cause a hyd lock and the FEL will try and relieve, but may not be enough, and something may burst..

The illustration was for my B-9200HST

/ Alternative for remote controlled valve (cab setup) #27  
THANKS!!!! J_J I have a Mahindra 5010 cab with a FEL and was looking into a grapple hook up but my dearler told me there valve set up was to dervert the hyd, to grapple or FEL only ,not at same time I told them no thanks. I was thinking of putting a diverter valve on rear hook ups and useing a 12 volt sytem to divert pressure. (I hadnt thougth about giving up one fuction of the joy stick for grapple) I didnt like the full flow option of a 12volt solenoid and wanted to be able to feather the grapple. know I have some THINKING to do. :):)

If you want to work a grapple, then why not use a solenoid valve and use a thumb switch on the one joystick to operate the grapple.

One hand should be on the steering.

A selector valve that will switch the curl hyd to the grapple circuit will allow for feather, whereas the solenoid is full speed.