Alternative To Rear Remotes

/ Alternative To Rear Remotes #1  

killingitcountry

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D
Hello all, I have just purchased a used hydraulic dump trailer (Berkelmans 2-ton Big Lil Dumper) to pull behind my Kubota BX. a 2021 Kubota KX-040 mini ex is suppose to land on my property in the next few months and the BX/dump trailer will be busy relocating a lot of material. The problem is - I have no rear remotes and no way to dump the dump trailer haha. As I can't see myself needing rear remotes for anything else, has anyone ever heard of using a 6 port - 4 function diverter valve to just re-direct flow from the loader bucket tip function to some long hydraulic lines going to the back of the tractor in lieu of remotes? Looking for a cost effective way to start dumping. I'm even considering just extending the trailer's hydraulic lines to reach up to the loader's hydraulic connections and just un-clip the bucket hydraulics to free up those ports when I want to move dirt - "dumping the bucket" would then dump my trailer. The BX would just be a tow vehicle at this point. Thoughts?

/ Alternative To Rear Remotes #2  
I would consider a low end hydraulic 12 volt power unit...then it could be used with any vehicle that could tow it...

Power units are available from about $250...check Surplus Center...

/ Alternative To Rear Remotes #3  
I think a single-spool rear remote is SOOO useful, and this may be your excuse to do it. However, a 12V power-pack, as SLASH recommends, makes the trailer independent, and that is also a good thing.

Plumbing from the loader would be a distant 3rd choice for me.

/ Alternative To Rear Remotes
I would consider a low end hydraulic 12 volt power unit...then it could be used with any vehicle that could tow it...

Power units are available from about $250...check Surplus Center...
I should have mentioned - I definitely want the tractor hydraulics to do the lifting.

/ Alternative To Rear Remotes #6  
Your idea will work, cheapest is to repurpose you curl circuit with some long hoses. However, I agree a rear remote is darned handy.

/ Alternative To Rear Remotes #7  
Haven't looked for years, but IIRC, the BX loader valve is internal. The joystick is just a remote control for it. Kubota's optional rear remotes plumb into the transmission case.

Bruce

/ Alternative To Rear Remotes #9  
Yes, but at some point there is a set of disconnects so the loader can be removed. Tie in there.
That's the least expensive way.

I just wanted to explain that there is not a loader valve at the bottom of the joystick.

Bruce

/ Alternative To Rear Remotes
Okay you guys win - I went with remotes. They turned out awesome. I'll upload a video tomorrow.

- James