Alternative To Rear Remotes

/ Alternative To Rear Remotes #11  
Glad you went with a remote.

Not sure what implements you are planning now or in the future....but a hydraulic toplink is a nice addition. And since you are in Canada I assume you get snow. What are your removal means. Do you use tractor? Because a rear blade that angles with hydraulics is a nice asset, as would be a blower with hydraulic chute rotation. So dont discount the usefulness of rear remotes.

But word of caution using a dump trailer with tractor hydraulics.....Most hydraulic 12v units run 3000-3500PSI. Your tractor is probably ~2500psi range. So you wont generate near the dump force. So slowly work up how full you fill the trailer because there isnt much worse than having to manually unload material from a dump trailer.

Also, pay attention to your hose routing so it dont get snagged when turning and maneuvering the trailer.

I have a 7x12' 12k dump. I put quick couplers on the 12v pump unit and made up some hoses to run off my remotes. Its nice being able to dump from the seat of the tractor and not have to worry about dead batteries. So my above advice is from experience.

/ Alternative To Rear Remotes
Glad you went with a remote.

Not sure what implements you are planning now or in the future....but a hydraulic toplink is a nice addition. And since you are in Canada I assume you get snow. What are your removal means. Do you use tractor? Because a rear blade that angles with hydraulics is a nice asset, as would be a blower with hydraulic chute rotation. So dont discount the usefulness of rear remotes.

But word of caution using a dump trailer with tractor hydraulics.....Most hydraulic 12v units run 3000-3500PSI. Your tractor is probably ~2500psi range. So you wont generate near the dump force. So slowly work up how full you fill the trailer because there isnt much worse than having to manually unload material from a dump trailer.

Also, pay attention to your hose routing so it dont get snagged when turning and maneuvering the trailer.

I have a 7x12' 12k dump. I put quick couplers on the 12v pump unit and made up some hoses to run off my remotes. Its nice being able to dump from the seat of the tractor and not have to worry about dead batteries. So my above advice is from experience.
Fantastic post, thanks for that! I currently have a front mount BX2755HD blower with hydraulic rotation and electric deflection. I also have a B2060 plow adapted to my loader quick attach. Angling rear blade would be sweet too add one day.

I fully expect that the BX will not generate the required force to dump a full load. One of my upcoming videos will be about determining what the trailer is capable of dumping when powered by the BX. I will line the trailer with a piece of plastic and start to fill it with water incrementally ... trying to dump occasionally to see when I have exceeded the tractor's capabilities. If the trailer even starts to tilt, then I know it will dump it the whole way - so I can just lower it and keep filling. It will be easy to calculate the weight of the water based on depth and areas.

Thanks again!

- James