Always Set Parking Brake!

/ Always Set Parking Brake! #31  
When I forget to release the parking brake on my 835m Gator, if I push on the throttle, a loud alarm reminds me to release it. I wish my tractor had that.

/ Always Set Parking Brake! #32  
My Kubota has a light on the dash when the parking brake is set.

/ Always Set Parking Brake! #33  
Long ago, with my first tractor, I quit using the parking brake. Too easy to forget to release.

Then again - I don't have any really steep slopes. However - if I do park on any of the slopes I have - drop the rear blade - pin the grapple into the ground.
The parking brakes on my B7800 are non-existent now and I suspect that they got that way from running with them on! No hills, only some mild slopes which, if I messed up, COULD result in an event which I wouldn't be talking highly of:LOL: Tooth bar is my parking brake! (and this too I sometimes forget to disengage before attempting to start out! also do that with various stuff attached to the front of my Kioti- I mumble something about being stupid and then off I go...).

Always look to face downhill with the loader bucket down and curled into the surface if possible. Again, a tooth bar works really well (if no concerns over disturbing what the teeth are digging into). And implement on the rear dropped fully: box blades are great anchors!

/ Always Set Parking Brake! #35  
I set mine even on even ground, I don't need a kid hopping on and trying to go for a ride!

/ Always Set Parking Brake! #36  
I set mine even on even ground, I don't need a kid hopping on and trying to go for a ride!
My 2 year old grandson is enamored with the tractor. I usually won't even run it when he's around, but if I do it gets turned off as well and the key comes out. He'll climb up onto in any chance he gets.

/ Always Set Parking Brake! #38  
My 2 year old grandson is enamored with the tractor. I usually won't even run it when he's around, but if I do it gets turned off as well and the key comes out. He'll climb up onto in any chance he gets.
Thats great to hear. Always put the loader and the 3-pt down too! My kids will hop onto equipment randomly too. I always put my loader to the ground to make sure they dont accidentally hit the lever and hurt something/someone.

/ Always Set Parking Brake! #39  
Very lucky for two reasons. First, he wasn't on it when it took off and second, it was a rental:oops:
We have some very steep terrain up here! I always clomp down on my parking brake and lock it whenever I dismount, running or off.

/ Always Set Parking Brake! #40  
Hydro tractors are noted for rolling away
These things happen. Hydro tractors are noted for rolling away. Of course on that steep of a hill it was absolutely clear negligence to not set the parking brake, and also set the front bucket to act as a brake. With a gear tractor on a slight slope, usually when you shut off the tractor and leave it in gear, the friction of trying to roll over the engine will prevent the tractor from rolling away. But a hydro tractor will bleed down pressure and is almost guaranteed to roll away without the brake set.

But I never rely on the parking brake either, I set the bucket on edge to dig in and also if the 3pt has something on it like my blade or ballast barrel, I set them too. The terrain here is very hilly, and you will only make that roll away mistake once. I suggest the guy with the JD was very lucky and no real damage was done to property or to life and limb. It could have been a lot worse.
Yeah buddy!

My 1760 will roll on a 2 degree grade!