Am I the only guy to kill black snakes via sliding shed door?

/ Am I the only guy to kill black snakes via sliding shed door? #11  
Too bad. In Oklahoma, we called them King Snakes because they kill the others, especially the bad ones. Think that is a copper head he's killing in the picture.

Attachments

• Black snake killing a copper head.jpg
    Black snake killing a copper head.jpg
    661.8 KB · Views: 76
   / Am I the only guy to kill black snakes via sliding shed door?
Even using a hot pressure washer on the weekend, I was distraught at all the little critters who I may be torturing and killing.

NEVER treat any living entity in a manner or lack of due respect that you wouldn't want afforded to yourself. I know. Hard rules to live by.
Pretty certain you're being facetious, but I get it.

Comes down to the scale size (no pun intended).

For myself, a black snake (which is pretty easy to see per it's physical size) is a great animal for our environment for what it does.

The reality is a black snake is no different than a copperhead in our environment, but due to my limited understanding of nature, I feel more bad if I kill a black snake vs a copperhead because I can justify the copperheads death by reasoning that I could of saved a human by killing the copper head so it couldn't of bitten anyone. That said, don't know many copperheads that actually eat humans for food, and generally they strike as a warning because they are afraid of danger.

I'd like to think that I've seen enough that as I've gotten older, I have a different perspective on life, and I'm not so quick to take it anymore.

I won't lie though, stink bugs that fly on me when I'm lying in bed are a completely different story LOL Hopefully the God I've grown to known can excuse my own ignorance (y)

/ Am I the only guy to kill black snakes via sliding shed door? #13  
Actually I'm being dead serious. And when was the value of somethings life ever be determined by the size? Humans make that determination all the time it seems.

Of all the things I am ashamed of and wish I could take back, they all unfortunately involve animals.

/ Am I the only guy to kill black snakes via sliding shed door? #14  
Actually I'm being dead serious. And when was the value of somethings life ever be determined by the size? Humans make that determination all the time it seems.

Of all the things I am ashamed of and wish I could take back, they all unfortunately involve animals.
Wow, how about all the ones that hit your radiator as you drive, or under your tractor wheel?🤯

/ Am I the only guy to kill black snakes via sliding shed door? #15  
Just even going for a walk! What right is it of mine? Maybe I just feel I have done enough damage and caused enough harm here.

/ Am I the only guy to kill black snakes via sliding shed door?
Just a glimpse into life since my wife isn't around (her being at her moms to help her).

Long story short, boy comes running in to tell me that the snake isn't dead on Monday (I thought I'd killed it Sunday night).

Me being me, instead of taking a knife, I take out my 22 with a can.

I end up telling my my one son "don't tell your mom about this".

Perfect head shot, but I was stupid enough not to think everything through. We'll leave it at that. One of those "what a dumb arse.

Can't believe how much my wife does around the house until she's gone.

/ Am I the only guy to kill black snakes via sliding shed door? #17  
Just a glimpse into life since my wife isn't around (her being at her moms to help her).

Long story short, boy comes running in to tell me that the snake isn't dead on Monday (I thought I'd killed it Sunday night).

Me being me, instead of taking a knife, I take out my 22 with a can.

I end up telling my my one son "don't tell your mom about this".

Perfect head shot, but I was stupid enough not to think everything through. We'll leave it at that. One of those "what a dumb arse.

Can't believe how much my wife does around the house until she's gone.

I hear you. After I retired, we baby-sat my twin grandsons until the were in grade school. Sharn Jean is a professional seamstress, and keeps busy with that, so I have basically taken over most of the household duties. I was amazed, at how much work has to be done, especially with kids in the house, and living on an acreage. I have a new respect for what stay-at-home moms contribute to a marriage and family.

/ Am I the only guy to kill black snakes via sliding shed door? #18  

Uh-oh, I have some bad news. There’s over a billion living life forms on every square centimeter of human skin. (You can look this up)
That’s means every time you scratch your ass, you’re likely committing mass murder on a scale that’s equal to hundreds of Holocausts and World Wars combined (All life having the same value).
How can you live with yourself...******!
🤪

/ Am I the only guy to kill black snakes via sliding shed door? #19  
According to our learned scientists, Man evolved as a hunter/killer. His body is designed such that he can run down game until it is exhausted. Man is not fast, but can run long distances steadily; the naked part of "naked ape" is for heat control. His arms and shoulders are designed to swing a club and throw a rock...or a spear.

The hands of Man have a great dexterity for making tools; the first tools were probably weapons. His brain is large, because he started eating meat..cooked meat...hundreds of thousands of years ago, providing the extra energy needed for a large brain to grow and function. His mouth and teeth are adapted for eating cooked meat and veggies, and his digestive track is adapted for eating a combination of meat and vegetables.

Early Man was able to dispatch a mammoth elephant; primitive tribes can still run down a gazelle on foot; Native Americans caught wild horses by running them down in relays.

While I am becoming like you, I don't like to harm or kill harmless animals, even insects, without a reason, the tendency and necessity is in our genes.

/ Am I the only guy to kill black snakes via sliding shed door? #20  
Yep, it was our sweat glands, not our brains, or our opposable thumbs, that put us on top.
Three cheers to sweat!